Eek is gonna get hurt, BY ME!! HELP!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright, I had another thread posted about the cats but things went down hill today! BooBoo jumped on my lap to get his scritches and Eek attacked him from behind and got him from the neck, I pushed Eek away and continued petting BooBoo but everytime I pet BooBoo, Eek would attack him! Like Eeks claiming his territory! BooBoo couldn't really defend himself because Eek had him from behind and I can't allow this to happen! BooBoo needs to be king of the castle, and I can't let anything stop that! I know it might sound crazy, But BooBoo is my first born child and he earned his right at head honcho! He deserves to be top cat! What can I do to stop this behavior??

He's making me really mad, and although I love Eek, I can't allow him to do this. After he got BooBoo to leave he then tried to take his spot on my lap, but I wouldn't pet him because he didn't listen to me when I told him to stop!

Someone, anyone, help me?? My Cats are all really important to me, but BooBoo was first, and he needs attention too!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh dear, Eek is quite a brat huh?
The only thing I can think of is how BooBoo is taking it. If he does not seem to mind and is not getting hurt, I don't think you can do anything.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's natural for the younger (and newer) ones to dominate, or try to, and BooBoo knows it as well as Eek does - he'd do the same thing himself if the tables were turned. You might be better off to let them deal with it, even if BooBoo comes out on the bottom. I've had exactly the same thing happen and felt exactly the same way as you about it, but nothing I do changes it and in the end it's better to divide your time between them using doors, etc when you want to play with BooBoo alone, than trying to change Eek's ways.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Oh dear, Eek is quite a brat huh?
The only thing I can think of is how BooBoo is taking it. If he does not seem to mind and is not getting hurt, I don't think you can do anything.
BooBoo is quite hurt while the attack is going on, and I have two hands I can pet them both which is fin with dear old BooBoo but Eek wont have any part of it! I actully fed booboo his breakfast before the other two today so that they would have an idea that this is his turf! For as many buddies as BooBoo's lost, he deservees to be kind of his castle!!

Originally Posted by Larke

It's natural for the younger (and newer) ones to dominate, or try to, and BooBoo knows it as well as Eek does - he'd do the same thing himself if the tables were turned. You might be better off to let them deal with it, even if BooBoo comes out on the bottom. I've had exactly the same thing happen and felt exactly the same way as you about it, but nothing I do changes it and in the end it's better to divide your time between them using doors, etc when you want to play with BooBoo alone, than trying to change Eek's ways.
Yeah, but these ways Of Eeks are brand new! He had never ever done any of this stuff before!! Eek is the one who get the most attention from everyone, people come here and try to sneak eek into their shirtsand take him home! So he gets the most attention out of all the cats, Im not willing to give up booboo sleeping with me at night so I might lock them outta my room!!

I can't let it be where the younges, scrawniest, unhealthiest kitty becomes the alpha male!! For as many cats as I had at one tim ein my life I can't even believe this is happened!!

Keep the ideas coming!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

I can't let it be where the younges, scrawniest, unhealthiest kitty becomes the alpha male!!
I'm sorry, but I really don't think it's up to you. The cats have to sort themselves out.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, this is something you cannot control, except maybe locking the little meanie out of the bedroom so BooBoocan sleep peacefully with you. They will sort it out for themselves. It is possible that as long as BooBoo keeps getting his petting, loving, and food, he does not care if he is the boss. I hope it works out soon, I know it can be hard to watch your baby be jumped on by a younger cat. Is everybody neutered? That could be a part of the issue if Eek is not yet neutered and Booboo is. Please keep us posted on the outcome, and givee sweet Booboo special scritches from me.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed your first thread, but how old is Eek? Is he just coming into adult hood? If so, he IS trying to become Alpha and there isn't a lot you can do about it.

Gizmo started that when he was about 1 1/2 years old with Little One. She would just be sitting there, minding her own business and Gizmo would attack her. I didn't realize Little One was considered the Alpha until Gizmo started on her, but thinking about it, it made sense.

Little One now prefers the basement when we're home. We don't force her down there (she will scratch the door until we open it), but she is the only cat allowed there so she is happy. She has food, water and her own little domain so she is queen. Gizmo hasn't been as bad with her now, although Little One still growls when ever she sees him.

She still gets a lot of loving when she is upstairs. In fact, the box my secret santa gift came in is still on the dinning room table because that is HER box! Complete with packing! And god help any other cat that tries to curl up in it because she will kick their butt!

But, unfortuately, if you can't separate them, they do have to work it out on their own.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I'm sorry, but I really don't think it's up to you. The cats have to sort themselves out.
I dont think its up to me either! Its just sad to watch! It doesn't get ugly until BooBoo is getting attention and then it goes downhill!!

Eek is 6 months old, and he's nuetered!

Im gonna have to just let it go I guess, hopefully BooBoo will keep his rank, Ive never had this problem before and its just weird because Eek is all of 5 pounds and BooBoo is 14pounds! Hopefully BooBoo will just kick his butt one good time and that will take care of things!

I dont know if I should seperate them or not really, for the most part they get along and always have, its just when I start give BooBoo lovings that it gets bad! So I think Eek is definatly after Alpha titlle... and he will probably get it, which I dont think will be so bad just as long as he starts letting me give BooBoo lovings also! I love to have 3 cats, and I dont think I could ever seperate them, even though they aren't family by blood they are family. They love and take care of each other! I guess maybe through all of Eeks sicknesses Ive spoiled him and probably given him most of the attention, and brought all this on myself! Just as long as they're happy... I just dont want my BooBoo to lose all his rights! I like him sleeping on the pillow next to my head and cuddling up on my lap when I take a nap and stuff like that! Normally I have all three of them on the bed or the couch depending on where Im at!

I really think this all started when BooBoo got so sick a couple weeks ago and he needed quite alot of attention, and since Eek got better before BooBoo, BooBoo got attention alot for a longer period of time! They're all just the sweetest cats in the world so this just blows my mind!

You think its okay to start them on their homeopathic anti anxiety meds again?? I dont know... maybe when I brought Eek in when he was a baby I gave him so much attention that I maybe gave him the title... I just want them to all cuddle up on my lap and get scritches at the same time again! Without having to worry about getting my butt kicked by being in the middle of the fights!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did I mention that they have been taking turns peeing on my laundry??

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my DH isn't taking any of this so well... He doesn't like the idea of kitties fighting on laps and such! Especially since Eek still has his claws, so Ill have to figure something out!

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you'll have to figure out that it's up to and between the cats whether or not you like it, or anyone else does. They have a right to their 'cultural' ways, just as any species does, and it will only stress them a lot worse if you interfere. Work around it instead, but don't try to force something unnatural on them.

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
um, it's really up to the cats to decide who's head honcho, not you. Definitely intervene on attacking, especially when its happening on your lap, but you really can't do anything about one trying to be alpha over the other.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do understand that Eek is the new Alpha, now the Issue is on HOW to stop Eek from attacking on laps and such! Even when Ive tried to break it up Eek comes right back at him, and I dont want to spank him, because I dont spank my cats, and I think squirting them in the face with water is traumatic....
So I dont know what to do except stop petting BooBoo, or lock Eek up while Im petting BooBoo... Eek has become very strong, and although he is very small, he is all muscle, and in all reality he is probably the strongest of the 3 because he isn't fat like the other two! He looks like he's going to be one big tom cat, so Alpha will fit him well, he's just got to learn that he has claws and can't hurt the kids or fight on top of them! This is something that he has NEVER done! He takes crap from the kids all the time and never hurts them, so its not his normal way to go for BooBoo while he's sitting on someones, especially the kids lap! Eek is my big mama's boy, and I can't change that because well... I love him!

What would suddenly cause a cat that has never harmed someone in his whole life to go violent while on someones lap! And what would happen if he did this while on someones lap that isn't us! He's not a violent cat and he doesn't mean to hurt anybody, but he is! Joseph has scratches down his hand and leg, and Angel has scratches down his back from all this! I know how to take care of the wounds, and it will be fine just as long as he only does it to us!

Oh this is just straight getting out of control. BooBoo can't even walk through the house anymore, its getting worse! BooBoo is not a fighter so this just sucks... I dont know what to do anymore. They're all nuetered, so why can't Eek just take his title and leave BooBoo alone!

My DH is not happy with the situation at all. Saying that one of the kids is going to get an infection, but beings that Im trained as an EMT I dont see that happening! I also teach First aid, so Ive got the scratches in control.

Maybe he just has alot of energy or something??

So you guys dont think there is anyway to stop the fighting?? Nothing at all?? There has to be a solution for the constant attacks!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Brothers Cats are fixed to and he has them in 3 seperate rooms. His Males try to kill each other. He had to get rid of Chalie and frisky becaus ethey were they locked there jaws together and tried to kill each other. His other three Males are fixed and fight and are seperated too.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See thats the problem! I dont want to keep them seperated, and up till now they've done nothing but love each other! BooBoo took care of Eek when Eek was a baby and needed him, he kept him warm, and just watched over and groomed him! I know this is how cats act when they are in their natural habitat or whatever, but if this doesn't stop Im going to be forced to get rid of Eek... A cat that I have loved and bottle fed, and raised! Neither one of them sleep with me recently. BooBoo's too afraid to get on the bed and Eek has to sit at the door to make sure BooBoo doesn't come in the room! I have to find a way to nip this in the bud before it gets much worse... Anything goes too wrong and Jake just wont tolerate it. He loves cats, but he wont handle them hurting someone, and BooBoo is jakes favorite since he's been with us since we got together!! Im going to talk to the vet and see if theres something that I can do to make them love each other. If you could see the hurt look in BooBoo's eyes when Eek attacks him it would just break your heart, because BooBoo loves Eek, and has been nothing but good to him!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you can try feliway. I was offered my 2 of my Brothers males but had to say no because I have 4 and that all we are allowed. I hope you can stop the fighting and not ahve to get rid of any Cats.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope so too, I just dont think I could get rid of any of them! They're my family!! I will try the feliway, and Im going to get Eek started on his anti anxiety meds too!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You mentioned they are peeing on clothing - is it possible they have an infection and smell differently than before? I would have them vet checked just to be sure.

kittycurledup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am watching this thread with interest....Glitch, I just took in a 6 mth old male from the street. He's fixed and we are keeping him separate from our 6 year old female for the moment.

However, I am afraid of exactly what you are describing, and am pretty sure it'll probably happen. He is a bit aggressive and she is, by nature, not so much. My DH is concerned for the same reasons as yours. He expects dominance issues when we begin introductions and attempt to let them coexist in the same space. He doesn't want to see our female get beat up on either. As you said, she was there first and it would hurt us to see her lose dominance.

No advice, but nervous sympathy.... wishing you much luck!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They all have been on medicine for crud already... they're still taking it and have been to the vets within the last week! They are also only marking my clothing! One goes and marks it, 20 minutes later if you peek into the bathroom the other is marking the same spot! We cought them both in the act in the same day within a few minutes! BooBoo does have a tendency to bladder infections, but right now he is clear of it! Ive started to give BooBoo his plate of wet food all by himself, so the other 2 have to share a plate and I think that is starting to help them come around! Eek is still trying to beat the crud out of BooBoo everytime I touch BooBoo, but I can tell when he's about to do it now so can prevent it a little bit better! Eek is still being overly agressive though, I dont know if it was the last time I took only BooBoo to the vet that made the difference or what! Its crazy, one minute they were fine, the next they were trying to kill each other! I guess the myth that cats get fat and lazy after they're nuetered just isn't so! Jax may have gotten fat and lazy but Eek sure hasn't! He's a ball of fire!