Oscar was attacked 2 by the same cat

newkittymom06

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello. Sorry it has been so long. Well, We live in an apartment complex. We have lived here for almost 2 years and Oscar has been going outside since then. No problems at all.
Then Wednesday the 16th we let him at out just like we have before, and next thing you know we hear cat fight. Oscar came in, a little scared no visible injuries. Then the following Saturday we let him out, and we hear fighting again. I open the door, and some cat has Oscar by the leg, we scared them apart. Oscar came inside, and let me tell you he get beat up in front of his own door step. GRRR :b

He has a BIG gash on his neck, that we cant touch or look at. He has a gash on his ankle. He slept with us on the floor that night. He didn't move all the next day. He has totally changed. Tuesday was a little but he did not do much but sleep, and now Wednesday he was back to his normal self. However, he does not like outside as much.

I dont know where the cat came from, I saw him today, and he hissed for loudly at me. Oscar did not respond like he normally does when he sees people or other animals, by letting me know they are outside.

Should I be worried, or is he just sulking because he got beat up by another cat in his home? Do I need to take him to the vet?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by newkittymom06

He has a BIG gash on his neck, that we cant touch or look at. He has a gash on his ankle.
Should I be worried, or is he just sulking because he got beat up by another cat in his home? Do I need to take him to the vet?
Oscar might develop an abscess due to infection. I would take him to the vet.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take him to the vet and them keep him inside! There are so many things that they can't vaccinate for that the other outdoor kitties could have!! Good luck!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take him to the Vet and keep him inside. My Sisters Cat died because he went out and got a abcess and then a bad Cold. this was around four years ago.