My cat was having problems with her back leg.

spratt74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! Well, I'm new here, and I feel horrible. My cat and I were playing. She moved rather quickly, and I noticed that she started to have problems with her back leg. I stopped playing with her, and she wouldn't let me touch he leg for awhile. She would cry even. However, she stopped crying, and started to walk on it again, and she event stretched it without any problems.

In fact, I was going to take her to the vet, and low and behold, she ran away from me when I got the carrier out. So, I figured she had to be fine then. And she continued to stretch her legs.

I've done some online research, and they said she wouldn't be able to put any pressure on it at all if her leg were twisted or broken. And I would assume that she wouldn't be able to stretch like she did either.

So, I almost wonder if she was scared, and possibly stepped on it hard or something? Do cats do that? Forgive me as this is my first inside cat I've owned. I've only had outside cats before. My outside cats surprisingly didn't cause us any problems. She can't get into much, but she does like to jump around.

I'm thinking of taking her to the vet, but I'm not sure now. What do you all think? Thanks!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

When in doubt, take your kitty to the vet. Better safe than sorry.

It's not likely she broke it, but she may have a hairline fracture or something of that nature.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spratt74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Welcome to TCS!

When in doubt, take your kitty to the vet. Better safe than sorry.

It's not likely she broke it, but she may have a hairline fracture or something of that nature.
Thank you. I read about fractures online too. Either way, it's going to be expensive I bet. I think I'm going to take her in tomorrow. It's on my way to work either way. I'm not sure what to say even at this point since she seems ok, but it's better to be safe than sorry like what you said! Thanks for the advice.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a experience with my cat when we were playing and she tripped me. I took a terrible fall and Zoey got caught up with me as I fell down. I thought her leg was broken cause she was limping. I called the Vet and took her in that afternoon. Zoey has a sprain and the vet gave her a pain shot. The vet didn't take an xray he felt she didn't need one. He felt her leg and watched her walk. This happened on wednesday, she still is limping and is on the mend. You should take your cat to the vet to have her checked out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spratt74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone! She is just fine. Back to her normal self. I am going to get pet insurance though. I didn't realize how expensive the visits would cost! I mean, I've been to the vet before, but still. I can see that it's going to be costly! And I'm sure that I'll probably need it as she is a very playful cat that likes to get into everything she can squeeze herself into! Thanks again!