Bra fittings??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So who has had one???

Today I was at the mall and went to Macys and heard an announcement that the Wacoal rep was doing fittings. I promptly went to that department and got a fitting. The number was right I was way off on cup size.

She made me try on a number of bras and liked the 1st one. Gave some good tips and answered some questions.

The girls haven't looked that good in ages!!

So I got two new bras and tossed the one that I was wearing. This brand isn't cheap but I'm worth it!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I have had one at Victoria Secret
I always buy expensive bras, I think it's important
Same here - you can go to Victorias Secret & get them done for free, anytime.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Yup I've had one at Victoria's Secret... I always buy their stuff... I was recently in there spending my birthday gifts and the woman highly recommended their new bio-fit bra... I tried one on and it's awesome! The thing is, each cup size does something different (there's a little card on the bra that says what each cup size does)... so like an A pushes you up, while a D is like no padding, mucho support.... it's a really comfortable bra, I'd recommend it!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
VS doesn't carry my size
i wear somewhere between a 36-38 DDD/F cup.
never had a professional fitting - just did the measurements as directed - & the ones i have [mostly Goddess brand - they're excellent bras!] fit perfectly.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get one done every few months at Victorias Secret. That's about the only place i'll buy a bra from.
They're always right on with the right size when they do a fitting.

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had one done at Macy's a few months ago. My size was much different than what they told me at Victoria's Secret (38C to a 44C- hmm, coincidence that they don't sell 44C at VS, at least not in stores?) and I got a really good Wacoal bra that fits perfectly.

VS's quality has been going down for the past few years (I've had bras where the underwire popped out in just a couple of months.) They're just not cut well and don't support me well at all.

Wacoal's are a smidge more expensive (I think the one I got was $65 and the last VS bra I got was about $50) but worth every penny.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

VS doesn't carry my size
i wear somewhere between a 36-38 DDD/F cup.
never had a professional fitting - just did the measurements as directed - & the ones i have [mostly Goddess brand - they're excellent bras!] fit perfectly.
I'm the same way... I'm a 34 E/F/G (depending on the company), and VS doesn't go that high... And most, if not all, department stores don't carry those sizes in store. I go to a smaller specialty shop... they do fittings, etc... and carry my size... in fact I just got a new one...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... find an unbiased store (that carries as many sizes as possible) to get fitted at. Now, if you're below a D cup, you can go nearly anywhere, but if you're spilling out of DD's, find one of these stores... here's a website for a store that Oprah had on a few years ago... if they don't have their own store near you, they do have a network of stores around the country that do these fittings... that's how i found my local store.

Originally Posted by mews2much

I get mine in Victorias Secrect too and Macys. Hard to get one big enough though.
Check the link above... they have an awesome network of stores...

Originally Posted by lsanders

I had one done at Macy's a few months ago. My size was much different than what they told me at Victoria's Secret (38C to a 44C- hmm, coincidence that they don't sell 44C at VS, at least not in stores?) and I got a really good Wacoal bra that fits perfectly.

VS's quality has been going down for the past few years (I've had bras where the underwire popped out in just a couple of months.) They're just not cut well and don't support me well at all.

Wacoal's are a smidge more expensive (I think the one I got was $65 and the last VS bra I got was about $50) but worth every penny.
I got sized in Macy's by a Bali rep... she said I was a 36DD... yeah, right. I was spilling out of the sides and top... for a bra that was supposed to give 'full' coverage. The reps tend to be biased toward their own bras... they'll do their da**edest to fit you into one of THIER bras... a year later, I saw the Oprah show and made an appt ASAP. I've been happy ever since.

I'll do VS for undies, though... but only if I'm willing to splurge...

A.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got fitted a few weeks ago at a small boutique. Interestingly the sizing was waaaay better at the boutique. I was told I was a 36DD at Macys. At the boutique I am a 34 G.... G!!! This bra gives me so much lift it isn't even funny. I can't believe how high the girls are now. The brand is called "fantasie" and they make larger cup sizes. I can't even find my size in a regular store, and while I may be 40lbs overweight, I didn't think the girls were that big!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wear a sports bra because I can't get a proper fitting out of any store. We don't have VS or Macy's here in Canada, but when I've gone to the US and tried to get a bra from VS, NOTHING fit me...the wires go into my armpits...like that's comfortable after 14 hrs of wear...the sports bras are the only thing that works.

Susan

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a fitting at Victoria's Secret once, and found out that I didn't fit into any of their bras! I'd been wearing a 38C and found out I should be a 36DDD. It makes a big difference finding out the right size!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok ladies, you can share the wealth now!! I'm an itty bitty A (thanks, Mom)

My aunt had a breast reduction a few years ago because the back problems were just too much and my mom and I were sarcastically fighting over her "extras" lol

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have never had a bra fitting..I wonder if I wear the right size
I don't know where around here we could go to get a fitting but I'd love to see what my size actually is.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never had a fitting before. I think I wear the right size... I always try on a few different cup sizes to see what seems to hold me nicely. I should probably just go and get a professional sizing done though. I'd hate to have them tell me I'm wearing the wrong size though... because I just bought a bunch of new bras...

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, they don't fondle you - at least they don't to me at Victoria's Secret - they just take a sewing tape measure I believe it was around the rib cage under your boobs and then around you like on your boobs... tells them the right cup size and band size you'd need

Try googling to see if you can find a "how to" so you could do it at home... I randomly came across a site today to measure yourself to get your correct jeans size

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I'm the same way... I'm a 34 E/F/G (depending on the company)...
I read that over three times and pondered quite a bit before I realized you were talking about the company that makes the bra -- not who you're, um, with...