I quit today.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally had enough. I couldn't even take the two weeks notice I gave them. I got an email today that simply stated that our owner wasn't going to pay me my vacation pay even though he KNEW I was quitting because I TOLD him through a phone conversation I had with him on Wed (BTW nothing came of that. He didn't even call and talk to her about my concerns) and yet he still denys me what's mine??
SO I told my dh who promptly told me to go down NOW and turn in my keys. He said what he's doing is illegal not to mention just down right
so he didn't want me to even finish out my two weeks. So I did. From what I hear, I made the supervisor MAD! Well good! I hope so, she's not nice anyway and now she can actually work for what she gets paid.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you for turning in the keys. Perhaps there is a labor board you can contact about the vacation pay??

You will be so glad you are out of there!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Good for you for turning in the keys. Perhaps there is a labor board you can contact about the vacation pay??

You will be so glad you are out of there!!
I already am. I am tired of dreading each and every day. I feel exonerated.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Good for you!

I did the same thing when I quit, just walked right in and told them I couldn't take it anymore... our "employee handbook" stated I had every right to do that without penalty, so I did.... I'm sure my supervisor BLEW UP when she found out - I was able to get the stuff out of my desk and hit the road before she came in

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
is disapointed sometimes to get a that resolution,...but I clap you my friend...
Don´t give up!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Animo my friend!!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is illegal to not pay out your vacation bank. You need to contact your labor board.

Now....take a deep breath....breathe out....smile!!! I'm sure you feel much better already!!!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barb, I remember your past stories regarding your employer and I'm very surprised you lasted this long! Good for you for getting out of that place.

Life is way too short to deal with this stuff, especially on a day to day basis. There are so many options out there, and now you can find something that you actually will enjoy.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He called me tonight and chewed me out for quitting. What a jerk.
He wants me to go in and write out a contract about how I want my pay and vacation pay to be worked out since now he's going to pay it to me or so he says.
him. He'll get his contract in another form soon enough...
He says if I finish out my two weeks he will rehire me if I want to come back in the future, I bet he won't soon enough. Deny me my vacation will you? Ok, let's play...my turn...

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the reason vacation pay wasn't going to be give is because you didn't give notice in writing. Some companies are very strick about that. The company I work for, you can say you are quitting the next day, but it has to be in writing for you to get your vacation pay. You may want to check on that. I would do whatever you could (except go back), to get that money because you earned it. Definitely call the labor board.

But, I'm so happy you got out of there!!!
It sounded like a nightmare, and there is no reason to have to put up with that from your co-workers and your manager. You're life will get so much easier once you find a job you enjoy!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Maybe the reason vacation pay wasn't going to be give is because you didn't give notice in writing. Some companies are very strick about that. The company I work for, you can say you are quitting the next day, but it has to be in writing for you to get your vacation pay. You may want to check on that. I would do whatever you could (except go back), to get that money because you earned it. Definitely call the labor board.

But, I'm so happy you got out of there!!!
It sounded like a nightmare, and there is no reason to have to put up with that from your co-workers and your manager. You're life will get so much easier once you find a job you enjoy!!
I did put it in writing. And I talked to the owner and explained what was going on, how I felt about it and nothing was done about it until today two days later ( at least he SAID he talked to the supervisor about what we talked about but when I was recapping what I told him Wed, he told me he didn't have any recollection of it so how and what did he talk to her about?)
I have my motto that I live by, and since I've been burned so many times lately I've used it alot. It's called cover your a**, or cya for short. It's hard for me to trust people and now you understand why... years of secrets, pitting people against each other, just over all horrible working conditions.
It's a great feeling to not have to deal with them again other then to get my paychecks, and if they try to hold them back, All Hades will break loose. Im already irritated and upset, take it further and it won't be nice...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Free at last! Congratulations! Now you get a chance to start over and shape things the way you want 'em.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!! And if you earned the vacation pay, then they cannot hold it back. Like it has been said before, talk to the labor board if they do.