we have kittens!!!

ashylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yay! so we wnt to bed around 2, and we just got up...(11am here) and we have kittens!!! bella had 4 kittens this morning, one sadly didnt make it, it looks like it passed a couple weeks ago. it had no fur or anything, and luke says the cord was wrapped around it a few times. but the other 3 are doing so good! she must have just finished having them when we came in, she couldnt figure out how to lay down so they could eat... so we helped her get settled, (she let us touch the babies) and now she is nursing like a pro! she has 2 white ones, and one black and white. we have already decided we are keeping the black and white.
she is doing so good!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the one kitty loss. Tho I'm glad she delivered it and you were not looking at infection and a lot of more problems.

Waiting for pics

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks... we are excited... our 2yo thinks the babies are gerbils. lol... how do i post pics? through photobucket right?
also when can i tell the sex of them? and when will they start transitioning to regular food? (i know this will be a while...) and what kind of food is she suppossed to have now? is it still kitten food?

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell the sex at birth but for inexperianced people it is sometimes difficult. If you can get good clear pics of the genetials I can tell you the sex probably.
They start to taste moms food at about 4 weeks old but they don't wein till about 8 weeks old or longer. Keep them with mommy for 12 weeks. Keep mommy on good quality kitten food the entire time she is nursing.

ashylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks everyone! here are some pics of mama and babies...

i love the first pic... se looks like she is cuddleing him/her!!!

ashylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok, i just checkedon them, the white are definitly boys, and i am almost positive the black is a girl. the black one has grey tabby stripes on her face and belly.... she is gonna be a cutie!!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daddy was a white boy!
What adorable little guys (mom too)!!! I want to place my order for a white one now too

Congratulations!!!

ashylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how can you tell daddy was white? also there are no white ones around... we have an orange, and 2 black and white, and i think a siamese.... not sure on this one, it may be another girl... but we havent seen any whites around...

oh, and if you will pick up... you can have the white ones! the back is mine though!!!!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
White is a dominant gene. In order to get all white kittens one of the parents has to be white.

Unless these kittens are actually pointed - in which case their colors will come in as they age. If that's the case, your dad is the Siamese

ashylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well thanks! that is really cool to know. i guess only time will tell!

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look really healthy. I bet that the daddy was the siamese and the points will color up later on the white ones.

Kittens can fool you. Girls can look like boys because of swelling. The swelling sometimes looks like testicles. It's more a matter of where the parts are placed.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's just the lighting, but the two white ones do look a little cream-colored to me. If that's the case, and the dad was a meezer, you may have a couple of pointed kittens. Awwwwww!!!!!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I don't know if it's just the lighting, but the two white ones do look a little cream-colored to me. If that's the case, and the dad was a meezer, you may have a couple of pointed kittens. Awwwwww!!!!!!
Yep, the white on the kittens is definitely darker than the white on mom.

It'll be fun to watch their colors come in!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago (before I was responsible about spaying and neutering), we had a brown tabby barn cat give birth to a siamese looking kitten. He appeared very light tan at birth.

Your kittens are adorable. Congratulations!