My friend had puppies...

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
... and oh my goodness they are so cute! I am usually NOT a dog person, but these little ones are adorable. They are a beagle mix. If anyone in the VA area wants one, please PM me. They are looking for good homes and will be ready in about 2 weeks.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they newborns or a little older? Pups should not leave for a new home until they are 8 weeks old at a minimum.

I wish I lived closer and could have dogs right now because those pups are cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are about a month old. Like I said, they aren't ready yet, so in the meantime I get to pet them all!

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beck4582

They are about a month old. Like I said, they aren't ready yet, so in the meantime I get to pet them all!
4 weeks old? They SHOULD NOT leave until 8 weeks! 6 weeks is too early!! Please tell your friend that. Puppies need the socialization the litter provides to grow up to be healthy, sound dogs. In some areas it is ILLEGAL to sell puppies younger than 8 weeks of age. I'm not sure about VA though.

And why did your friend breed beagle mix puppies anyways? We have way too many beagles and beagle mixes dying in shelters as it is. My rescue alone has 5 beagles and a few beagle mixes looking for homes right now.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please have your friend leave those pups on mom till they are atleast 8-10 weeks old!!! Even if they appear weaned, they learn alot of essential behaviors from mom...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll let him know about the age limit. Thanks for that.

As far as the breeding - he didn't do it on purpose... He found the dog pregnant as a stray. He is going to get her spayed.

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beck4582

I'll let him know about the age limit. Thanks for that.

As far as the breeding - he didn't do it on purpose... He found the dog pregnant as a stray. He is going to get her spayed.
Oh I see. Sorry for assuming.
I'm glad your friend did a nice thing and took the momma and pups in.