Alergic reactions

clrwtrdsgnr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone.

My little Carly (1 yr old Tortie) has been having what we think is an allergic reaction. It started about 3 days ago immediately following a visit from pest control. When she gets in certain parts of the house, she starts to sneeze, rub at her eyes and they start to water. I'm pretty worried about her and don't want her to be miserable.

I took her to the vet, and as soon as I got her out of the apartment, all the symptoms stopped. She was completely fine and by the time I got her to the vet, she was completely normal. Banfield (not my vet) recommended that I give her children's benedryl which seems to help. My vet tried to push me on some $45 bottle of something that "may reduce symptoms" but is there anything else I can do?

aircraft

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope you can figure out the problem.
How did you get the benedryl in your cat? My cat spits it all over us. lol
Good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clrwtrdsgnr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by aircraft

I hope you can figure out the problem.
How did you get the benedryl in your cat? My cat spits it all over us. lol
Good luck
It's quite an act...my girlfriend has to hold the cat's head while I fill the end of a straw with the medicine. I slide the straw in her mouth and let the medicine out and she swallows most of it, and slings the rest of it all over everything...i'm going to get some capsules or something that I can crush up in her food. That might be a bit easier, lol.