Picking a name for my kitten

mama of bronte

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK... so we have been going back and forth about the name for our kittens who will be joining the family in 2 weeks... so far the final 4 are...

Jasmine and Ariel
Lana and Ariel
Zsa Zsa and Ava
Ginger and Marianne
Punky and Moo

one of the kitties is a calico the other is black and white...

Which one do you like the best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mama of bronte

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow... i totally picked the reverse Moo for the Black and White and Punky (her original name) for the Calico

smallestkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just went though this myself. I dont have any advice, I waited a few days to see their personalities, and named them from there lol/..

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mama of Bronte

wow... i totally picked the reverse Moo for the Black and White and Punky (her original name) for the Calico
Opps! Yes thats what i ment to say! Lol 4 hours sleep sucks

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ariel is a brand of washing powder here in England so I wouldn't pick that, i think Moo for the black and white is cute though, especially as those are cow colours. not keen on Punky though...

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think its often better to wait till you have them, often the name fits the cat rather than the cat fitting the name. Though I think Lana and Moo are the best.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And if you have not yet had "skin children" be careful not to name your pet a name you might someday want to use for a child. I did that with my first cat, Hannah! LOL

Cally

mama of bronte

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pee-cleaner

And if you have not yet had "skin children" be careful not to name your pet a name you might someday want to use for a child. I did that with my first cat, Hannah! LOL

Cally
oops... yeah... which is probably why i shouldn't go with Lana Ariel! good point!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol those are all cute names and it's hard to choose. I named the calico girl Punky when she was just 2 days old because she is pretty feisty. I think any of those names would suit her though. Maybe this will help these are the kittens.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im bad with names so I cant help you. The Vet had to put no name when some of them went for their first shots because i could not name them.
I do like Jasmine though and Lana.

mama of bronte

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah, we had been leaning towards Jasmine and Arielle... i kind of liked zsa zsa and eva too... and he kind of liked moo and punky!

ronronne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you're having trouble deciding, the best advice I can give is to wait till the kittens arrive and leave them unnamed for about a week.

Believe me, at the end of that time, you'll KNOW their names because you'll have gotten to know their personalities.

That's really the best way to name a pet, IMHO.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jazmine and Ariel remind me of Disney. I try to choose something that will fit a dignified older cat and a kitten. Not sure about the other names.

After you have them for a week or so, you will have been calling them something - probably "no", "stop that" and "get down from there"
Then you can see how their personalities show through.