TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Mmmm baking!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mmmm baking!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Its been so long since I baked - I have to be in the mood to do it, and today I am in the mood to do it this afternoon.

I will be baking afghans and a bournvita crunch. Both are incredibly easy to make and I have a tub of Betty Crocker icing to use on it.

I can't wait!
post #2 of 18
MmMmmmm, and will you be sharing!?
post #3 of 18
Those sound delicious..... are you going to share your recipes?
post #4 of 18
Am I the only person who has no idea what those are? I mean -- I assume a baked afghan is not the same as a crocheted one...?
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Am I the only person who has no idea what those are? I mean -- I assume a baked afghan is not the same as a crocheted one...?
I dont know what they are, but the icing sold me
I hope she shares the recipe.
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Am I the only person who has no idea what those are? I mean -- I assume a baked afghan is not the same as a crocheted one...?
I have no idea what they are either, but I did get this mental image of eating a blanket. I think it's bedtime for Natty!
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Am I the only person who has no idea what those are? I mean -- I assume a baked afghan is not the same as a crocheted one...?
I have no clue either.

Can you explain what these are? By icing, I'm assuming you are talking about some type of cake.
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Oops, I'm sorry.

Afghans are cookies made with cocoa and cornflakes. Quite crunchy.

Scroll down to the afghan biscuit - the chocolatey one.

http://www.nihowera.com/2007_05_01_archive.html

I should mention my favourite fruit is there - feijoa!
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I have no idea what they are either, but I did get this mental image of eating a blanket. I think it's bedtime for Natty!
Okay, You got the same mental image as I did!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwideus View Post
Oops, I'm sorry.

Afghans are cookies made with cocoa and cornflakes. Quite crunchy.

Scroll down to the afghan biscuit - the chocolatey one.

http://www.nihowera.com/2007_05_01_archive.html

I should mention my favourite fruit is there - feijoa!
Ohhh yummy
post #10 of 18
Those look nice!

I am in the mood to bake biscuits but i have no time!
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
I never got the time to bake - my friends asked if my son would like his friend to come over for the night - their "subtle" way of asking if we can babysit their son. Hes a good boy so I said okay, and they ended up staying a little late so I will bake tomorrow.
post #12 of 18
I LOVE trying new foods, especially from other regions of the world.

I wonder if the feijoa would be available here, I will have to check that out. How do you pronounce feijoa?

What about the bournvita crunch? What is that?
post #13 of 18
Those Afghan biscuits sure look tasty!
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
I LOVE trying new foods, especially from other regions of the world.

I wonder if the feijoa would be available here, I will have to check that out. How do you pronounce feijoa?

What about the bournvita crunch? What is that?
Feijoa is pronounced fee-joa. Its heavenly. Its strictly a summer fruit here, but it has another name, a pineapple guava (I think).

A bournvita crunch is my grandmothers recipe for a slice that has cocoa, coconut, - I have pasted the recipe from my grandmother's email so excuse the mistakes. When I have made it, I will post photos.

Quarter pound of butter{ 125gms
2tablespoons of brown sugar

1cup of flour
1cup coconut

1 teaspoon bakeing powder
3tsp bournvita


Melt butter and pour into mixed dry ingredients mix and press into a buttered swiss roll tin and bake in a moderate
oven for 25 minutes. while hot, ice with plain iceing and cut into squares immediately that is the original recipe But I remember that she used chocolate iceing mostly
Happy cooking

Oops - eta to add that bournvita is cocoa - its a brand name of the cocoa here.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwideus View Post
Feijoa is pronounced fee-joa. Its heavenly. Its strictly a summer fruit here, but it has another name, a pineapple guava (I think).

A bournvita crunch is my grandmothers recipe for a slice that has cocoa, coconut, - I have pasted the recipe from my grandmother's email so excuse the mistakes. When I have made it, I will post photos.

Quarter pound of butter{ 125gms
2tablespoons of brown sugar

1cup of flour
1cup coconut

1 teaspoon bakeing powder
3tsp bournvita


Melt butter and pour into mixed dry ingredients mix and press into a buttered swiss roll tin and bake in a moderate
oven for 25 minutes. while hot, ice with plain iceing and cut into squares immediately that is the original recipe But I remember that she used chocolate iceing mostly
Happy cooking

Oops - eta to add that bournvita is cocoa - its a brand name of the cocoa here.
YUM!!! That sounds soooooo good! I love chocolate and coconut.
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
I burned the afghans - darn that TCS! My son isn't bothered by the burned bottoms as I compensated with lots of icing on the cookies.

The bournvita crunch is now in the oven - 5 more mins.
post #17 of 18
Oh thats too bad about the afghans, but as long as they were still enjoyed.

How did bournvita crunch turn out?
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Oh thats too bad about the afghans, but as long as they were still enjoyed.

How did bournvita crunch turn out?
It looks good, I will be sure to eat some tomorrow! The mixture was good!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Mmmm baking!