why do i feel like this? :(

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why do i feel sooo sad all the time? the only thing that seem's to EVER cheer me up, is the fact that i know i've alway's got my kitty's.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may want to go talk to your doctor about depression. Feeling sad all the time isn't normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

You may want to go talk to your doctor about depression. Feeling sad all the time isn't normal.
yeh, i think your right!
it's not like me, i used to be sooo bubbly!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I second a depression discussion...

judi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I agree and it can be very dangerious.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank's everyone. i never thought of depression, i just thought it's because i have load's on my mind.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you on birth control or any other medications? ...better to rule out anything you may already be taking before possibly ending up with more. Any other health problems or minor stuff you've sort of been dismissing?

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be good to talk to someone about possible depression. Sometimes having lots on our minds can really stress us out. Can you make an appointment with a therapist or counselor? After talking, they can help you figure out some options.

You are a vital, bubbly type person so for you to feel really down for a long time - well, that just doesn't seem right. Its good that you are self-aware
Good luck and please let us know how it all goes for you

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm going through a depression diagnosis with my husband and that's how it started with him - nothing made him happy. Definately talk to your doctor, and if you ever need to talk, please feel free to PM me.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I know how you feel. Lately I have been like that. I'm always here if you ever want to talk.
aww thank's!

Originally Posted by strange_wings

Are you on birth control or any other medications? ...better to rule out anything you may already be taking before possibly ending up with more. Any other health problems or minor stuff you've sort of been dismissing?
yeh, am on medication for my disability. there's no other health problem's, yeh there are thing's i just tend to ignore, which i shouldn't do i know. i don't really want to spill all that over the forum though!

Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

It would be good to talk to someone about possible depression. Sometimes having lots on our minds can really stress us out. Can you make an appointment with a therapist or counselor? After talking, they can help you figure out some options.

You are a vital, bubbly type person so for you to feel really down for a long time - well, that just doesn't seem right. Its good that you are self-aware
Good luck and please let us know how it all goes for you
yeh, that's what i want to do. i've never really been able to speak about any of my problem's though, i tend to just keep them all bottled up.

Originally Posted by Beck4582

I'm going through a depression diagnosis with my husband and that's how it started with him - nothing made him happy. Definately talk to your doctor, and if you ever need to talk, please feel free to PM me.
thankyou!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above posters. I have been diagnosed with depression, along with several other emotional things which I won't bore you with, but it can be treated and get you back to your old self. If you have a lot going on in your life, even if it is not bad, just different, it can trigger depression. Please take care of yourself and talk to a doc, counselor, or someone that can help you.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

yeh, am on medication for my disability. there's no other health problem's, yeh there are thing's i just tend to ignore, which i shouldn't do i know. i don't really want to spill all that over the forum though!
Anything that can upset hormone balance will be a big one for causing depression. For example, some people with thyroid problems get misdiagnosed as just being depressed for years because it can cause moodiness/mood swings... and of course when that happens the real problem isn't treated.

If it's possible to rule stuff out first - do so, that's all I'm saying.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I agree with the above posters. I have been diagnosed with depression, along with several other emotional things which I won't bore you with, but it can be treated and get you back to your old self. If you have a lot going on in your life, even if it is not bad, just different, it can trigger depression. Please take care of yourself and talk to a doc, counselor, or someone that can help you.
thank's!
i just hope i can speak to my doctor, i can't seem to talk to anyone, not even my own mum!

Originally Posted by strange_wings

Anything that can upset hormone balance will be a big one for causing depression. For example, some people with thyroid problems get misdiagnosed as just being depressed for years because it can cause moodiness/mood swings... and of course when that happens the real problem isn't treated.

If it's possible to rule stuff out first - do so, that's all I'm saying.
yeh, i understand what you mean.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I am glad you are going to go to a doctor to get things sorted out.

But I know that if I bottle things up the more sad I become. I just get worse and worse until I finally blow up at the wrong person and create more problems. It's better to just let go and talk to someone. They usually will have a different approach to a problem and sometimes that's all you need. So I also suggest finding someone or a group of people (this group of people perhaps??
) that you can speak freely too. I know it'll be hard, since you said you can't even talk to your mom, but I really suggest it. Nothing makes me feel better than sitting down and talking with my friend or Mom about a problem and getting a nice big hug at the end.

I hope you're back to your bubbly self soon... keep us updated!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kiki_585

Hello,

I am glad you are going to go to a doctor to get things sorted out.

But I know that if I bottle things up the more sad I become. I just get worse and worse until I finally blow up at the wrong person and create more problems. It's better to just let go and talk to someone. They usually will have a different approach to a problem and sometimes that's all you need. So I also suggest finding someone or a group of people (this group of people perhaps??
) that you can speak freely too. I know it'll be hard, since you said you can't even talk to your mom, but I really suggest it. Nothing makes me feel better than sitting down and talking with my friend or Mom about a problem and getting a nice big hug at the end.

I hope you're back to your bubbly self soon... keep us updated!
yeh, i know what you mean. it's kind of why i chose, to put the thread up on here hehe! it's just harder than most people think.

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

why do i feel sooo sad all the time? the only thing that seem's to EVER cheer me up, is the fact that i know i've alway's got my kitty's.
I'm always on here for a chat if you need someone to talk to (type to really isn't it?)

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule

I'm always on here for a chat if you need someone to talk to (type to really isn't it?)
aww thank's! your Beauty alway's make's me smile though!