Who said moving was easy!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is pretty much the only day i have the house to my self until dear Fh will come home at about 6:30ish.

Since i am determined to get some boxes out this weekend to Australia, i had the whole day to clean out the apartment and basement!

We have a big paper skip outside and i just made it half full with all of the paper stuff i had in the basement. They emptied out the bin skip this morning and there are already three of my large bags in there.

The basement sure does look a lot neater and cleaner, but now i am paranoid that a spider is crawling all over me, because i saw two daddy long legs crawling on my boxes!

I am so exausted!

Anyone wanna come and help?

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Uh, not me, I would NEVER say moving is easy!
I've done it too many times, and it never gets easier.

Best of luck to you!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAH! Try and catch me cleaning out a basement! Not unless I absolutely have to!
you're on your own chickie!

But I can send you some ... does that help?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I HATE moving! I have moved three times in three years now and I'm tired of it! We're renting a house right now and just keep acuumulating more and more junk! I'm terrified to move again!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They only way moving is easy, is if you have people to come in & move FOR you!

I moved 3 times in a 3.5 month time frame (thanks to the August floods!
), and I will NEVER say that moving is easy

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would rather be horsewhipped than move. Next time, I'm just going to set the house on fire.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love moving.
When we got married, we rented a house for a year while we built.
Lived in the house we built for 9 years.
Moved into a bigger house, lived there ust under 2 years.
Moved to a different state, lived there a year.
Moved to a third state, rented for a year. The home owner came back early and we had to buy a house in a hurry.
Eighteen years later, I'm ready (past ready) to move.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After living here since 1987 and with two outbuildings it would be terrible to ever think of moving. Plus I would have to take alot of my plants in my yard with me!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Have you worked out the pet transportation issues yet?
Yes! we have done all of the vaccinations and blood work, and I got the certificates from the High Laboratory in germany but noticed they made a mistake on Kaylees form, and they have to resend it.

I have filled out all forms and sending it to the airport pet lady to see if i made any mistakes as long as its all ok then i have to send it to AQIS in Australia for approval, once thats approved i can reserve a kennel in Melbourne... Although if its to be all booked up they will have to go to Sydney.

So far their departure date is the 16th of September.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

I love moving.
When we got married, we rented a house for a year while we built.
Lived in the house we built for 9 years.
Moved into a bigger house, lived there ust under 2 years.
Moved to a different state, lived there a year.
Moved to a third state, rented for a year. The home owner came back early and we had to buy a house in a hurry.
Eighteen years later, I'm ready (past ready) to move.
I think its kind of different if you just move with in the city or state, ive moved 3 times while living in Germany, twice in italy and its completely different if you move countries, there are so many regulations you have to follow with what you can or cant bring into the country.

I cant bring any of my pot plants that i had bought from Australia back into the country because they have been used here.

You cant even get in if you have muddy shoes on.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sure i would come and help.
but by the time i get there you will be done. hehe.

hope the move goes well

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Yes! we have done all of the vaccinations and blood work, and I got the certificates from the High Laboratory in germany but noticed they made a mistake on Kaylees form, and they have to resend it.

I have filled out all forms and sending it to the airport pet lady to see if i made any mistakes as long as its all ok then i have to send it to AQIS in Australia for approval, once thats approved i can reserve a kennel in Melbourne... Although if its to be all booked up they will have to go to Sydney.

So far their departure date is the 16th of September.
Yay, glad that is worked out. The whole hoo-ha to send them to another country is quite stressful, but it is so worth it when they are back in your arms.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Yay, glad that is worked out. The whole hoo-ha to send them to another country is quite stressful, but it is so worth it when they are back in your arms.
I know, the best part is that i can visit them from monday to friday if they are in Melbourne.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're moving a few hundred feet from where we are now (building our house behind the house we live in now on 1.5 acres), and I'm dreading that simple move
When I moved from NJ - NC in 2004, we overfilled a rented dumpster (one of those ones a truck brings on the back - it was huge!)