New Cat

iluvcats248

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat just passed away (19 years old).
What a life he had!!

I need a new cat, what breed do you guys recommend?

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forums!
I am sorry to hear about your cat.R.I.P!

I think you should check out local shelters to find your "prefect" cat! There are TONS in shelters that need homes.Or a cat rescue organization.There are even people giving away so many kittens in the paper...it is sad,because there are sooo many dying in shelters and more being produced because people don't neuter and spay.So I say definatly check out a shelter or rescue!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

If you think you might like a purebred, try this quiz by animal planet:

http://animal.discovery.com/breedsel...catselector.do

It's cute. It can give you an idea of some of the breeds out their and their typical personalities. If you decide you would like one of these breeds, but do not want to pay a breeder price, or would just like to "make a difference", try a breed rescue

http://purebredcatbreedrescue.org/

I'm sorry about your loss, I lost my special boy at 19 too :'(

Hope this helps!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! And I'm so sorry about your baby!
What a long life though! I'm sure he had a great life though!

Personally I would suggest a cat from a shelter or adoption center. They make the best cats
Shelters always have kittens coming in, especially this time of year. If you don't mind not adopting a kitten, there are adult cats who have the most difficult time being adopted. Some of them have been in shelters their entire life at the age of 3 or 4 around my area.

I'm not sure if you have ever visited this site, but it's a great place to find a pet! www.petfinder.com Shelters and rescues post pictures and bios about the animals in their care.

Keep us updated!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Iluvcats248

My cat just passed away (19 years old).
What a life he had!!

I need a new cat, what breed do you guys recommend?
Go to your local shelter. He will recommend you, not the other way!
Hi! You have found the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. Our members are always ready and willing to help you or just chat with you. We also have a game called KatKwiz (cat quiz), designed for newcomers just like yourself, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. (It also teaches you what points are.) Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iluvcats248

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Currently seeking a new cat, planning on going to the shelter to find the perfect one!

Any recs in California??

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! You have found the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. Our members are always ready and willing to help you or just chat with you. We also have a game called KatKwiz (cat quiz), designed for newcomers just like yourself, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. (It also teaches you what points are.) Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to TheCatSite

I am so glad that you have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats.
I am sorry about your loss...
Rest in peace sweet senior kitty.

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message. I will get back to you asap.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iluvcats248

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thanks everyone for your condolences as well as the welcome to the site. Still trying to find my way around....

How do I follow my posts and replies??

thanks!

iluvcats

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Iluvcats248

thanks everyone for your condolences as well as the welcome to the site. Still trying to find my way around....

How do I follow my posts and replies??

thanks!

iluvcats
look under the 'quick links' page, & go to your subscribed threads... that should work!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!!!! I'm so glad you found us, and I'm even more happy you are planning to adopt a kitty!

Have you been on www.petfinder.com ??? Shelters post pictures and information about the pets they have up for adoption!