*****KatKwiz! - April 24 - May I give some points away?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery: We already have eight players in contention for the superbowl but we have a long way to go. Jumping in with 2100 points was Monaxlisa for using only first. Other unpicked words were available, always, very, and never. Congratulations, Monaxlisa! 2100 points puts you in the thick of things.

I hereby go on record that I do not look to see who is in The Cat Lounge before posting.

Persi is presently in jail for biting me, his dad. He will remain there ten days. I know a lot of you have seen this, so l will make a math equation out of this. OK, cat gets ten days for biting one person. Me.
There is a story somewhere here on TSC that tells of a man from ____________ that received a ___________sentence in jail for KILLING a cat.

Clue: OK, what's the worst, biting somebody or killing somebody? (Yes, a cat has a body and is therefore a somebody.)

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

KatKwery: We already have eight players in contention for the superbowl but we have a long way to go. Jumping in with 2800 points was Monaxlisa for using only first. Other unpicked words were available, always, very, and never. Congratulations, Monaxlisa! 2100 poins puts you in the thick of things.

I hereby go on record that I do not look to see who is in The Cat Lounge before posting.

Persi is presently in jail for biting me, his dad. He will remain there ten days. I know a lot of you have seen this, so l will make a math equation out of this. OK, cat gets ten days for biting one person. Me.
There is a story somewhere here on TSC that tells of a man from ___singapore_________ that received a __8 week_________sentence in jail for KILLING a cat.

Clue: OK, what's the worst, biting somebody or killing somebody? (Yes, a cat has a body and is therefore a somebody.)
I hope thats right! I kinda found more than one story!

I also found one the guy was from randolph Maine and got four years in prison

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A man from Singapore received an 8 week jail sentence for killing his cat.............????!!!!
A man from Maine received a 5 year jail sentence for killing his cat???!!!!
There ar4e several options.........

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had fun looking too! Thats always the best part! Its hard to be on just as it gets asked though! One of these days...

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's kind of like a phantom - he posts, but i never see him online! (his dot is never green)

I was on tonight, but reading another thread! Missed it again

Good job guys!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a story somewhere here on TSC that tells of a man from Ontario that received a one day sentence in jail for KILLING a cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondrebel76

i dont know, i just had fun looking. Good luck to all who play!
They say leaving a quarter tip on the table is far worse an insult than leaving no tip. This morning I was thinking giving a one day sentence was far worse (from the cat's perspective), than no sentence at all: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21664

Nontheless, you were the first in with an answer (please pm me the link).
Congratulations!

KatKwery: (700 points)
Are crimes against cats punished the same as against dogs? In my link above, what would have been an apt punishment? If there are more cats than dogs in North America (there are), why do you see so many more dogs? Why do you see so many more dogs in movies than cats? Why do they say "it's raining cats and dogs" instead of "dogs and cats"?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO in all cases of killing an animal the person should receive the same punishment as if they had killed a human.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

They say leaving a quarter tip on the table is far worse an insult than leaving no tip. This morning I was thinking giving a one day sentence was far worse (from the cat's perspective), than no sentence at all: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21664

Nontheless, you were the first in with an answer (please pm me the link).
Congratulations!

Are crimes against cats punished the same as against dogs? In my link above, what would have been an apt punishment? If there are more cats than dogs in North America (there are), why do you see so many more dogs? Why do you see so many more dogs in movies than cats? Why do they say "it's raining cats and dogs" instead of "dogs and cats"?
Actually, they say the biggest insult to a waitress is leaving a one-penny tip, face down. That shows that you didn't forget to tip her; you meant to do it. I've seen a few that deserved that.

There was recently a big flap in VA about abuse of cats not being the same as abuse of dogs. Dog abuse is a felony, but cat abuse is only a misdemeanor.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

He's kind of like a phantom - he posts, but i never see him online! (his dot is never green)

I was on tonight, but reading another thread! Missed it again

Good job guys!
actually, there's a user option that allows you to make yourself invisible if you so choose....

1. i don't think they are.
2. an apt punishment would have been imprisonment for the natural life of the cat, assuming it had not been killed [i like this for humans, too, to a certain extent.]
3. cats stay inside, dogs require walking.
4. because dogs are easier to work with.
5. it's alphabetical!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have no clue if cat abuse and dog abuse are punished in the same manner. I think all animal cruelty should face serious consequences. It's like ASPCA says, "We Are Their Voice". Animals can't speak for themselves and we need to step in and make sure they get the justice they deserve.

I think you see more dogs 'cuz dogs are more sociable and trainable. My cats enjoy house guests, but they do NOT enjoy leaving the house. My dog is thrilled with any sort of outing so that is why you will see me more often with my dog than any of my cats. Same thing with movies, I'm guessing. Cats are so independent and I love them for it, but you just can't get a cat to do something they don't want to. With a dog you can pretty much ask them to do anything and they will!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

A man from Singapore received an 8 week jail sentence for killing his cat.............????!!!!
A man from Maine received a 5 year jail sentence for killing his cat???!!!!
There ar4e several options.........
You are right, there are many options. I should have specified the most outlandish one that could be visulized which I came across in the middle of the night since I was wide awake which is something that antibiotics do to you. I like the ones you found much beter than the one I found where the guy only got one day.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

First off, I am so sorry about Persi.
He was just scared, poor thing.

I believe that crimes on all animals should be dealt with the same. I am not even sure I should answer your second question...I personally think the man should be drawn and quartered. He will learn no lesson at all. Like you said, a cat is still a living and breathing thing. I think punishment (sentencing) should be done as if a person was killed or abused. It really upsets and angers me that so many people disregard animals and treat them like trash. As for there seeming more dogs than cats, I would say it is because a lot more cats are kept indoors as well as feral colonies keep well hidden. They are nocturnal so they go out at night to do they hunting and such.
about your last question. I have never thought about that. I do not even have a thought about it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Reminder: When I answer my own questions I do so before the five words are revealed AND without looking at other member's answers. I DO try and see how many words I can get in my answers as a way of steering newer players as to what is going on. If you are wondering what the superbowl is going to be like, well, I have revealed a portion of it.

It is almost considered acceptable to some to torture cats. When I was a kid, the thing to do was to tie two cat's tails together and throw them over a clothes line (I swear to God I had nothing to do with this.) I will just repeat what my mother told me over and over as a kid: That when it came to turning the other cheek, that had nothing to do with this. You see more dogs because most of us are city dwellers, cats tend to live in the country where the mice are. Ummm, why'd I ask that one, becuase they can pant? Cats are named first because they always get the bad rap.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

I hope thats right! I kinda found more than one story!

I also found one the guy was from randolph Maine and got four years in prison
PM me your link please - or actually do it right here. Blondrebel forgot where she found it and I darn near did, too. You are next in line.

I should have worded the question the worst case of injustice - four years sounds kind of fair, The one day one just infuriated me.