Don't like these movies

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched Wicker Man and Population 436, one followed by the other. Why make movies where the "crazies" win?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a lot of good movies where the crazies win! It's all about the character development, creating an understanding and sympathetic connection and suddenly the villain or "crazy" character becomes the heroine.
The Wicker Man, bad movie, poor character development, simply sucked!
Population 436, haven't seen and now know shouldn't...........
If you think about movies like Snatch, you are drawn to all the characters, and I found myself sympathetic towards most of the main criminal characters!
Indiana Jones, perfect example of routing for the criminal! Agreed, I was to!
The Usual Suspects, one of my top 5 favorites! Routing for all of the criminals to the very end!
Heat, completely sympathetic for the criminals.
True Romance
The Professional
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

I watched Wicker Man and Population 436, one followed by the other. Why make movies where the "crazies" win?
never saw those movies.
I just wish they would go back to making movies where they followed the story or what the dir wanted to make.

not changing the end of movies based on advanced screening to test what ending makes people feel good.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I recently watched both No Country for Old Men, and There Will be Blood...and was very disappointed with both...so I feel ya!!!Lol!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

I recently watched both No Country for Old Men, and There Will be Blood...and was very disappointed with both...so I feel ya!!!Lol!
Both had extreme character development, but neither had the crazies or villains win. That was actually the message of There Will Be Blood, and No Country For Old Men, all the villains die, the only neutral characters related to the story are slightly developed and indirectly affected by the series of events.