Need TCS vibes..Zoey may have broken leg

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel so awful! This morning I was playing with Zoey our 10 month old Bengal, we were playing with her toy octopus that is attached to a string. She got it wrapped around a chair leg and I went to free it. When I got her toy untangled she got all excited and tripped me. I tried to avoid stepping on her and wound up falling on the floor hard. When I fell her front leg got caught up with me in my fall. I think her leg may be broken. We are waiting for the vet to call us. I feel awful about this... She doesn't want anything to do with me and is snarling at me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going crazy waiting for the vet to call...

I don't know if I am over reacting to this. She is favoring her left leg. But she still can give me a good swipe when I go check on her.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got back from vet and Zoey has a sprain. The vet gave her a shot of pain meds and sent her home. Poor little baby is limping. I feel so bad

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww,It was an accident hun.
Zoey will forgive you. I'm glad it's not broken. that Zoey gets well soon.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoey is still limping around but it isn't slowing her daily activities down. The vet told us to keep her quiet for a week. I don't know how I'm going to do that she is jumping on everything including the counters and refrigerator. She has a mind of her own

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh thats so sad ...... we know you didnt do it on purpose.

Hopefully she will heal really soon.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry about your baby. It was an accident. She is just mad right now but she will get over it.
Hugs and healing for both of you.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aircraft

Glad She seems to be feeling better. Is she still mad at you?
Poor little girl was upset with me until we took her to the vet. Then she forgot all about our accident and was more concerned with the vet. Zoey still loves me! I think she knows it was an accident. She just got between my legs and tripped me. It was a hard fall. Her little leg is still hurting her.