Interesting Question - MULTI CAT HOUSEHOLDS ONLY!

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering this.

Who is the top cat and who is the bottom cat in your household?

I've only got the one cat so I can't answer (without the answer being obvious
)

When I say multicat I mean 2 or more cats living in the same house.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tosca is not just top cat. Tosca is the cat. Bootie... well she's just a bit different. They've worked out a system wherby they are both equals, strangely enough. We have two girls who don't really compete against one another for attention or food, because Tosca has realised and accepted that Bootie doesn't really act like a "normal" cat.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly do not know. Neither one of them are truly dominate or submissive. Both completely defer to me, so maybe I've upsurped that position somehow? ie - if they're arguing over who gets to sit in a particular chair I will push them both out of it and sit in the chair myself. Maybe my two are odd?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say depends on the situation, for attention definetely kaylee, but for food its teufel

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sabrina is the top cat I believe in my household...
she's the one that sometimes sleeps on the bed....
both of them were on it for one night..and after that.only Sabrina...
guess she told him it was her bed..lol
and she does pretty good at swatting him...

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I honestly don't know anymore, Sapphire used to be my top cat, but she passed away in November. I though Gaia would take over, but she passed away in January, so I think it's a free for all now
I do have a low cat on the totem pole though, that's Poseidon, everyone hates him
his own darn fault though, when he first came to live with me, whe wanted to be top cat- wasn't gonna happen!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats are equally top cat. We have actually never had a fight or problem with my two boys. They share everything, eat out of the same bowl, cuddle, share toys, and take turns chasing each other, one will chase the other down the hall, then switch! The other will chase the other one back up the hall. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve never seen them meow angrily, or hiss, or swat aggressively towards each other.

On the other hand my sisterâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s cats and my motherâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s cats all have top cat issues. My sister had three cats, two females and one male. They all fought every chance they got and one of the females was top cat. As soon as my Dad brought the male cat to my moms house (when they got back together) all the fighting in my sisters house stopped.

My Momâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s house has two males and one female. The first male (from my sisters house) and female pretty much ignored each other but it was obvious the female was in charge when she wanted to be. My Mom then brought home another male kitten who now has full control over the house.

I guess im lucky my two boys get along so well. Makes for cuter pictures anyway =).

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a difficult question to answer...
HIJA gets more attention being the oldest, almost 17 + special care, she is the only one allowed on top of the table by my hubby
PANCHO - He also gets lots of attention having constipation problems
BABY - The youngest just gets all your attention with his play and love

Baby is definetely the ALFA cat, Hija is the Queen and Pancho a mid-age prince

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stumpy has been my alpha male for the last 10 years. No questions about that one.

But Scarlett is queen of the household. While Stumpy runs the house, Scarlett rules the house (note my siggie). Scarlett even rules over DH and I.

For low man on the totem pole, that's very situational. Bob goes in and out and while outside, he's on equal terms with the cats in the colony. But inside, Stumpy aggressively dominates him.

In general, Oscar is the low man but only because he's so afraid of everything and never exerts himself. Even I have to draw him out of his shell.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Twitch, deaf/toothless/front declawed....oh by golly she is da cat in my house!
She only beats out nasty Ophelia Rose by a hair.....and that's just because she's bigger!

Lowest cat would be "Uncle" Dorian Grey....he's too dumb to bother.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It`s hard to say because Kitty and Maisie don`t spend much time at all together but I would say that Kitty likes to think he is boss and gives it all the attitude but Maisie is the one who tells him to get lost so me thinks she is really the one in charge

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Willow is the head of our house!
she and beau compete occasionally but he gives up after a couple of smacks......
bottom of the pole is georgey he is the invisible cat

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Demetri lived with my sisters cats he was certainly the top cat. Now with him, Farley and Ana there isn't one.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadie is top cat with no questions here...She rules the house...Tigger is next and hemi follows as last!

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The top cat is Keli, the declawed cranky 11 year old calico. She knows all, sees all, and rules all! She can make the most obnoxious younger felines scurry for cover!

The bottom cat.... now that I don't really have.... I would say Bandit b/c she is the most timid, but then again, when anyone tries to pick on her, she will slap them silly and send them running. Maybe Bailey??? He is obnoxious and will bully any new cats that come in if they show any fear or trepidation of him, but if they so much as square off and look at him, he bolts! Jinxy OWNS Bailey! A mere eye roll will send Bailey racing to a different room, but then again, Bailey picks on Bandit and Shellbie..... It is a strange co-existance they all have! Everyone has control of a different number of other cats, but in turn, they are pretty much all controlled by yet another group of cats.... lol, I guess it is a democracy in action

Anyone have that type of household too?

Keli is definetly the top, but there really isn't an obvious bottom on the food chain here oddly enough.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this used to be an easy question, but given Jordan's recent health problems there are days this does not always hold true.

#1 Jordan
#2 Isaac
#3 Maggie

And last but never least in my heart
#4 Levi (my sweet big boy)

fiery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are in a constant battle for supremecy. It's kind of funny how it varies from day to day.. Toby will never seek out Trina, but he'll let her lay on him sometimes. But that's only until my SO or I comes over to pet them. Either Toby will start swatting at Trina, who will run away, or Trina will attack Toby, who will run away. They're never happy to just snuggle when we're giving them attention. =(

Sometimes Trin will kick him off the bed, sometimes it's the other way around, but it's always funny.. Toby is grumpier than Trin is, though. He'll often hiss at her and storm angrily off.. though sometimes she just randomly attacks him. Sigh. I wish they could just get along sometimes! =(

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oliver is top cat simply because Rocky has no interest in competing. Rocky's a simple cat; he just wants to be loved and cared for, and he doesn't care about status as long his Meowmy and his brother love him.

I imagine what they would say if they could talk:

(I get home from work and plop down on the couch. Rocky, being the empathic creature that he is, immediately comes to say hello and get love.)

Rocky: Hi Meowmy! How was your day!
Oliver (jumps up and shoves Rocky out of the way): Get out of here! I want some love, too!
Rocky: Whatever, Meowmy can pet both of us at the same time. (aside) Sheesh, my brother is so needy!