It figures!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since Chynna had her dental surgery she's been very picky about her food.

I must have thrown out $40.00 in cat food this month because once opened, if Chynna won't eat it, it spoils in the fridge because Abby doesn't like soft food.

Yesterday Chynna ate a whole can of Friskies Beef Pate
. I put about 1 tablespoon of water into it and she snarfed it down...twice.

Today all I had left in the cupboard by way of canned food was about 20 cans of Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon, which Chynna hasn't been eating lately either, and 6 tins of that k/d Feline, which Chynna absolutely hates.

I had plans to go to the store tomorrow to pick up more Friskies Beef Pate, and hoped that Chynna would be able to make do with the k/d Feline for today.

I come home from the gym and find that Chynna hasn't touched any of the k/d Feline food, even though I put some tuna juice on it. So my already skinny cat hasn't eaten today
. We are going to get some snow tonight and given handi transits record of not being able to pick me up when it snows, I probably wouldn't get to the store until Friday, and there is no way my baby girl can wait until Friday for some food that she will eat.

So I mustered up some energy and took a walk to Safeway. It's about a 10 or 15 minute walk for the average person, but because I have to stop and rest along the way it took me a bit more than 1 hour to go there and come home. By the time I got home I must have resembled one of those wind up toys that slowly winds down until it completely stops!!

So what happens? I gave Chynna her plate of Beef Pate mixed the same way I did yesterday. She took a few licks and walked away. Abby was on the table indicating she wanted some Grilled Salmon (that's her signal), so I put some out for her. But she lost interest in that as soon as I opened the window.

Next thing I know Chynna is up on the table snarfing down the Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon!!!!!
And not just the gravy! But I know had I offered it to her before I went to Safeway, she would have turned her nose up at it!!

The crazy things we do for our cats!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That little stinker!
Thank goodness she's eating, but it sure would have been nice of her to do it BEFORE you walked to the store!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol nothing can upset you more then a already to skinny cat, that does not seem to want to eat..

hmm or maybe she just wanted you to take walk tonight,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm or maybe she just wanted you to take walk tonight,
Yeah well, when I get a treadmill I'm going to make her walk on it too!

I finally did manage to get her to eat the Friskies! She seems to eat better if I give her the plate of food on my bed!!!
Now that is one spoiled girl! But I love her to itsy bitsy pieces
And if she wants her breakfast, dinner and late night snack in my bed, who am I to turn her down.