TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Tell me about your wedding
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tell me about your wedding - Page 3

post #61 of 71
My wedding was cheap, fast, and easy! Alcahol was served at my house, along with a cake that I smashed into my BIL face! (god I hate him...hehe) We planned it on thursday, and were married on the friday of the next week! I was wearing a RED dress, my hair down, boob popped out and in my babies mouth. Yeah, Joey was some 20 days old! My phone rang in the middle of the ceremony, keep in mind it was only 5 minutes long! So my wedding was nothing spectacular, and as you can tell we did things backwards! Had 3 kids first, then got married! (whoops!) So I didn't get to drink after my wedding, and needless to say with the baby only a few weeks old, my DH had no fun that night!
post #62 of 71
Ok, you asked for them, so here are some pics.

Wedding party (forgot about the color of the church when I chose my bridemaids dresss...shows how often I go to church...so it kind of blends in. You want to keep the background in mind for pics)



Cake, that ended up in my face! (I was actually NICE to hubby and see what happens!)





First kiss

post #63 of 71
Oh crap. I'm SO sorry!! I thought I DID resize them, and send me a pm to explain exactly what size to shrink them to?? I hate doing that!
post #64 of 71
Oh Hope what a gorgeous bride you were......... beautiful wedding party, too.
post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Oh Hope what a gorgeous bride you were......... beautiful wedding party, too.
Thank you! It was a great day! I just wish I could have gotten some pics of everyone outside but, of course, it was cloudy and rainy all day. Oh well, that's good luck, right?
post #66 of 71
Aww Hope you look so beautiful!!

I can just see it, Trav is going to smother cake in my face
post #67 of 71
Thread Starter 
Awww, lovely pics Hope!
post #68 of 71
When Hubby and I were married, we some logistical problems.
1. All of my people lived 2500 miles away
2. I was new to the area and he wasn't a church person, so there were no pastors to perform the service.
3. He didn't even want a service, just a courthouse thing.

So we compromised.

Our wedding, when all said and done, had about 25 guests. It was outdoors in a friends backyard surrounded by corn and soybean fields. Since we alread had all the supplies that we needed for living, we asked people (since the guests were very close family) to help with decorations and such. My color theme was as many colors as possible, and I grew a bunch of flower pots crammed full of beautiful flowers. My sister is way more fashionable than I am so she (being in Seattle) picked out a nice white linen skirt and a light blue top for me to wear. The meal was catered and we got a better deal if we also rented the tent and the table settings from the caterer too. We had the local bakery do the cake which was a multi-tiered platform that greenery was wound around and cupcakes set on with the top tier reserved for a small cake for my hubby and I to cut. All the tables were decorated with glass bowls that had pretty colored glass in the bottoms and candles and flowers (that I had grown) floating on water. For the ceremony itself, I got the mayor of the town to marry us and instead of having people seated, we had a short ceremony with everybody standing in a circle around us holding hands. My uncle said a prayer for us, it was very sweet. At the very end, instead of throwing rice at us, we got a whole bunch of the fireworks called party poppers (some people did get into those a bit early though)

Total expense was probably about $3000 (including our rings).

It really helps to get people involved with helping for your wedding instead of providing gifts. That way, people can really feel like they contributed something instead of just going and getting a gift card or something.
post #69 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN View Post
When Hubby and I were married, we some logistical problems.
1. All of my people lived 2500 miles away
2. I was new to the area and he wasn't a church person, so there were no pastors to perform the service.
3. He didn't even want a service, just a courthouse thing.

So we compromised.

Our wedding, when all said and done, had about 25 guests. It was outdoors in a friends backyard surrounded by corn and soybean fields. Since we alread had all the supplies that we needed for living, we asked people (since the guests were very close family) to help with decorations and such. My color theme was as many colors as possible, and I grew a bunch of flower pots crammed full of beautiful flowers. My sister is way more fashionable than I am so she (being in Seattle) picked out a nice white linen skirt and a light blue top for me to wear. The meal was catered and we got a better deal if we also rented the tent and the table settings from the caterer too. We had the local bakery do the cake which was a multi-tiered platform that greenery was wound around and cupcakes set on with the top tier reserved for a small cake for my hubby and I to cut. All the tables were decorated with glass bowls that had pretty colored glass in the bottoms and candles and flowers (that I had grown) floating on water. For the ceremony itself, I got the mayor of the town to marry us and instead of having people seated, we had a short ceremony with everybody standing in a circle around us holding hands. My uncle said a prayer for us, it was very sweet. At the very end, instead of throwing rice at us, we got a whole bunch of the fireworks called party poppers (some people did get into those a bit early though)

Total expense was probably about $3000 (including our rings).

It really helps to get people involved with helping for your wedding instead of providing gifts. That way, people can really feel like they contributed something instead of just going and getting a gift card or something.
That sounds so beautiful! And I love how everyone stood around you holding hands, becoming part of the ceremony! What a great idea!
post #70 of 71
I'll be able to tell you how my wedding went in....oh about 2 and a half weeks
post #71 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeKitty98 View Post
I'll be able to tell you how my wedding went in....oh about 2 and a half weeks
Awwwwwwwwwww you must share!!! You must be so excited!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Tell me about your wedding