Emma is on Wheels!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Har har so, funny story.....

Or at least it probably will be by this time tomorrow. I managed to buy me a pair of side-by-side rollerskates!
I've been wanting to get a pair for AAAAGES seeing as we have such a beautiful (and flat) promenade out by the seafront. Rune already has a pair... and we figured that it would be nice to skate together in the spring and summer while the weather is so good!

I haven't been out on them yet, but I'll post pictures of my plaster cast just as soon as I get one!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooooh I dunno..... it's been at least 16 years since I was last on rollerskates!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

ooooh I dunno..... it's been at least 16 years since I was last on rollerskates!!
yeah, but it's like riding a bike - you don't forget how!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome - I love roller skates and I love watching people skate, especially 70s style! I would love to be a derby girl - it looks so much fun!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never could roller skate. Sis tried and tried, too. On one of those tries she fell and was helped up by a young man. They started dating and eventually got married - forty years ago.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! Those things are half the reason that my knees are in the shape that they're in now, lol!

The first pair I had was a tennis shoe style........was wearing them in the house one day, picked up the cat to put it out, somehow fell and twisted my ankle, lol!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I love roller skating! I haven't done it in about 15 years though. But when I was in my teens I went roller skating nearly every evening. I was quite good and was able to dance on them too. The only thing I never was able to master was stopping!
I always had to roll into something to stop myself.

blondrebel76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
last time i was on skates was in college at OSU. i decided to skate to class like "everyone else" i couldnt stop downhill and landed face first into a brick pillar in front of a ton of people! then once i composed myself enough to skate off as nothing happened i lost control again and landed in the holly bush hedge. Brick walls and Holly bushes (or anything with thorns) are not your friends either!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Never could roller skate. Sis tried and tried, too. On one of those tries she fell and was helped up by a young man. They started dating and eventually got married - forty years ago.
Wow that's such a cute story!!

Yeah, I know gravity is against me (it's been against a lot of my bodyparts recently - it's why I need to exercise!)

And yes, brick walls and holly bushes don't like me much either... even worse are lampposts!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG are you talking about roller blades or roller skates?? I had the rollar skates about 10 years ago and some guy came up to me and started talking while another one got behind me on all fours and the one in front of me pushed me and to catch myself I broke an ankle! Hurt! I hope you have better luck than I did! That was the only time I ever had my own roller skates the rest of the time they were rented from the rink! The gang members were then banned and I roller skated about 6 months later but my ankles never been the same! Stay away from walls, bushes, lamp posts and gang members!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

And yes, brick walls and holly bushes don't like me much either... even worse are lampposts!
ouch!!

reminds me of few years ago, i saw some young guy,
on roller blades trying to stop, right before he smacked into a mailbox..

i would like to roller blade again, but i doubt i will ever be able to .