TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Oliver! Kelly green is *not* your color!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oliver! Kelly green is *not* your color!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
So I'm working on painting some terracotta pots for my dad for his birthday present, and while the paint is drying, I decide I'm going to work on some correspondence.

First mistake: Not changing out of my painting clothes right away. (In my defense, I thought I might have to do some touch-ups).

While I'm writing to one of my girlfriends, my phone rings.

Second mistake: Picking up the call instead of letting it go to voicemail and calling her back.

While I'm sitting on my couch on the phone, Oliver decides he absolutely *must* have attention at that moment and jumps from the windowsill onto my chest . . . ending up with kelly green acrylic paint on his lovely marmalade fur!

The next few minutes was a comical scene of me chasing him with the Quik Clean Waterless Shampoo (love the stuff, BTW) and frantically calling my mom asking, "How do I get him to hold still?" (Shampooing a wiggling 17-pound cat is not an easy matter, for anyone who's ever tried it!)

Lesson learned: Change out of painting clothes immediately or keep the cats otherwise entertained while painting.
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativgirl View Post
ending up with kelly green acrylic paint on his lovely marmalade fur!

(Shampooing a wiggling 17-pound cat is not an easy matter, for anyone who's ever tried it!)


I find Royal Blue to be a great color on the orange fur of Olivers

And I know all about shampooing such sized cats! My Oliver is 15 pounds and gets a monthly bath (and I mean full bath - wet, in the tub, with shampoo lol)... for my sake, I harness him up and then leash him to the tub... cuts down on the whole "chasing a naked wet soapy cat around the house" game
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10 View Post
I find Royal Blue to be a great color on the orange fur of Olivers
Well orange and blue are complimentary colors!

Green?? I just dont dont know what you were thinking

Next time consult the fashion pros before painting your cat!
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10 View Post
cuts down on the whole "chasing a naked wet soapy cat around the house" game
So when you say naked... does he put his fur coat on again after the bath?
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cata_mint View Post
So when you say naked... does he put his fur coat on again after the bath?
Well i guess he's not really naked since he's in his harness
I always call the cat and dog naked when they're collar-less and bandana-less

If removing the fur coat was an option, bath time would be so much easier! lol
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10 View Post
Well i guess he's not really naked since he's in his harness
I always call the cat and dog naked when they're collar-less and bandana-less

If removing the fur coat was an option, bath time would be so much easier! lol
When their fur is wet and plastered to their skin, and they no longer are their fluffy cute self - but soaking pathetic martyrs - "naked" paints a hysterically vivid image!

My daughter Kennidy gave Roly a bath the other day and he didnt look like the same creature (let alone cat) when he bust free! It was like an alien came to visit!
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianjela View Post
When their fur is wet and plastered to their skin, and they no longer are their fluffy cute self - but soaking pathetic martyrs - "naked" paints a hysterically vivid image!

My daughter Kennidy gave Roly a bath the other day and he didnt look like the same creature (let alone cat) when he bust free! It was like an alien came to visit!
Haha, yeah Oliver tends to look like an over-grown sewer rat when he's all wet he's so pathetic sometimes and cries and cries and cries - especially if someone else comes down to the basement while I'm bathing him, like he's going "save me! save me!" But I put his towels in the dryer to warm them up, then swaddle him like a baby and he's all comfy cozy... then when he's done with the towels, it's into his ducky bathrobe! (The dryer I can get him before he starts preening the better, because he WILL preen until he's dry and then we have a hairball situation lol)
post #8 of 15
I would love to see a pic of him in his ducky bathrobe. He is such a handsome guy, but I would not want to be the one to have to bathe him.
I had a red tabby boy that got up to a whopping 22 lbs of kitty muscle, and I would rather have taken a beating than try to bathe him. I was always so glad he was particular about his fur, and kept it up himself.
post #9 of 15
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10 View Post
That's great!!!!
post #11 of 15
When he wears it, he stomps around lol it's so cute
post #12 of 15
We just finished painting the living room (have one more set of curtains to hang and then I'll take pics.

Whenever we painted, the cats were put in the basement and kept there till ALL paint was put away.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
We just finished painting the living room (have one more set of curtains to hang and then I'll take pics.

Whenever we painted, the cats were put in the basement and kept there till ALL paint was put away.
Next time I work on a painting, the cats are going to hang out in the bathroom or my bedroom till I'm done. Either that or I'll work outside.
post #14 of 15
The ducky robe is just too cute! Thanks for the pic.
post #15 of 15
Haha thanks and no problem!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Oliver! Kelly green is *not* your color!