I'm such a geek

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RCA 32' LCD television with VGA connection, suspension table stand, HP M9250F with a 2.66GHz processor, 4 GB of ram, a 1 TB Hard drive, Digital and Analog TV turners (will record TV programs too), and 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN and 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet. A wireless keyboard and mouse with a 30' range, so I can sit on the sofa.
The drive has 3 partitions with 3 operating systems, the choices being Windows XP, Gentoo Linux, and Ubuntu Linix 8.04 (Beta). Excessive; but oh, what a toy

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

RCA 32' LCD television with VGA connection, suspension table stand, HP M9250F with a 2.66GHz processor, 4 GB of ram, a 1 TB Hard drive, Digital and Analog TV turners (will record TV programs too), and 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN and 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet. A wireless keyboard and mouse with a 30' range, so I can sit on the sofa.
The drive has 3 partitions with 3 operating systems, the choices being Windows XP, Gentoo Linux, and Ubuntu Linix 8.04 (Beta). Excessive; but oh, what a toy

What???????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Where on earth do you keep a 32 foot TV?
If two ( " ) is biggers than one ( ' ), and foots is bigger than inches, den' how come one is foots and two is inches?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Animal Planet must look fantastic. You did buy it for the Jellicles, didn't you?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

If two ( " ) is biggers than one ( ' ), and foots is bigger than inches, den' how come one is foots and two is inches?

It doesn't make a lot of sense but that's the way it is. " = inches; ' = feet

Regardless, it sounds like a lovely new toy even if it is larger than most boats

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you and my Dh would get along so well.
My Dh made sure that his wife knew how to work computers and such. He has me trained to set up servers for him.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm not bad at all heeh looks coool
but err, you cant really say geek, unless you hook up a ps3 and xbox360, xbox that been mod to serve as a ftp server.

not that i would have or do those things err, right.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had my husband salivating!
a 1 TB harddrive? Wow. All the possibilities.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm not bad at all heeh looks coool
but err, you cant really say geek, unless you hook up a ps3 and xbox360, xbox that been mod to serve as a ftp server.

not that i would have or do those things err, right.
I would have, except I'm not a gamer. My video game phase ended with Donkey Kong.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice setup.
DH and I are sticking with a traditional TV system (ok, traditional means a 50" Samsung DLP HDTV and digital cable) right now. However, we're starting to save up some money for me to rebuild my current home machine. I built it originally in 2003.

Btw, is the processor Intel or AMD? I don't know much about HP's product line.