TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm such a geek
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm such a geek

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
RCA 32' LCD television with VGA connection, suspension table stand, HP M9250F with a 2.66GHz processor, 4 GB of ram, a 1 TB Hard drive, Digital and Analog TV turners (will record TV programs too), and 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN and 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet. A wireless keyboard and mouse with a 30' range, so I can sit on the sofa. The drive has 3 partitions with 3 operating systems, the choices being Windows XP, Gentoo Linux, and Ubuntu Linix 8.04 (Beta). Excessive; but oh, what a toy


post #2 of 16
Wow! Gorgeous!

When's TCS Movie night?
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
RCA 32' LCD television with VGA connection, suspension table stand, HP M9250F with a 2.66GHz processor, 4 GB of ram, a 1 TB Hard drive, Digital and Analog TV turners (will record TV programs too), and 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN and 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet. A wireless keyboard and mouse with a 30' range, so I can sit on the sofa. The drive has 3 partitions with 3 operating systems, the choices being Windows XP, Gentoo Linux, and Ubuntu Linix 8.04 (Beta). Excessive; but oh, what a toy


What???????
post #4 of 16
Wow, what did you do, win the lottery?
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
Wow, what did you do, win the lottery?
Can I borrow it sometime? Not that I'd have a clue on how to operate it or anything!
post #6 of 16
Where on earth do you keep a 32 foot TV?
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Where on earth do you keep a 32 foot TV?
If two ( " ) is biggers than one ( ' ), and foots is bigger than inches, den' how come one is foots and two is inches?



post #8 of 16
Geeks unite!!

Nice!!
post #9 of 16
Animal Planet must look fantastic. You did buy it for the Jellicles, didn't you?
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
If two ( " ) is biggers than one ( ' ), and foots is bigger than inches, den' how come one is foots and two is inches?




It doesn't make a lot of sense but that's the way it is. " = inches; ' = feet

Regardless, it sounds like a lovely new toy even if it is larger than most boats
post #11 of 16
Oh you and my Dh would get along so well. My Dh made sure that his wife knew how to work computers and such. He has me trained to set up servers for him.
post #12 of 16
wow!

post #13 of 16
hmm not bad at all heeh looks coool
but err, you cant really say geek, unless you hook up a ps3 and xbox360, xbox that been mod to serve as a ftp server.

not that i would have or do those things err, right.
post #14 of 16
I had my husband salivating! a 1 TB harddrive? Wow. All the possibilities.
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
hmm not bad at all heeh looks coool
but err, you cant really say geek, unless you hook up a ps3 and xbox360, xbox that been mod to serve as a ftp server.

not that i would have or do those things err, right.
I would have, except I'm not a gamer. My video game phase ended with Donkey Kong.
post #16 of 16
Nice setup. DH and I are sticking with a traditional TV system (ok, traditional means a 50" Samsung DLP HDTV and digital cable) right now. However, we're starting to save up some money for me to rebuild my current home machine. I built it originally in 2003.

Btw, is the processor Intel or AMD? I don't know much about HP's product line.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm such a geek