Head twitching

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was laying in bed with Popsie getting ready to go to sleep. I was watching him and his head was slightly twitching. Also the past few days he's been sneezing a lot with a runny nose off and on. He's definately going to the vet tomorrow. I'm going to take him somewhere else because I want a second opinion on his blood panel too. This renal diet better not be messing him up or I will go off. I will refuse to pay my current vet bill, make them pay for the new one at the other vet and get my money back for the renal food I bought. I don't know if it's the food or not but all of this started when Popsie starting eating it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they gave me different kinds to try and I ended up going with Purina N/F. I also got him Royal Canin K/D or whatever it's called. I've just had a few people tell me that according to his workup they think his kidneys look fine and should not be on a renal diet. Belive me, he's going to a different vet tomorrow and having another blood panel done.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked at your other Post. His Creatine is Normal and his Bun isnt to bad at all. My Cat with Crf had very bad numbers. I am glad you are getting a 2nd Opinion.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I just looked at your other Post. His Creatine is Normal and his Bun isnt to bad at all. My Cat with Crf had very bad numbers. I am glad you are getting a 2nd Opinion.
Yeah, apparently the first vet is an idiot. I just don't get why she would put him on a renal diet.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Vet sounds like a Idiot. I once had a Vet tell me Coco had Lung Cancer and her Heart looked bad. I got a 2nd opinion and her heart was fine and it was Asthma not Lung Cancer. That Vet has been shut down now. Thats what I get for being desperate when we moved here. The Vet I go to now I had researched and tried to go to but it was booked up and I needed a Vet Fast. I hope your new Vet will be a great Vet.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks. I'm going to take him somewhere a person I know takes her cats. She really likes this vet and says they are really good.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo has CRF. She was diagnosed when she was 6 months old. She will be 8 years old in May. She used to have the head twitching thing going on when she was first diagnosed. She gets B-complex vitamins, every other day, with her Calcitriol. She never twitches anymore. I was concerned about it, and posted on the CRF-Support-Site, and they told me that the head twitching could be because she's deficient in B vitamins. Supplementing seems to have cured it for her. Good luck!