Why is it the biggest pains can also be the sweetest kitties?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course, I'm talking about Mojo.

She is a pain in the rear. She has to test the water bowls when they are refilled by moving them and making the water splash everywhere. She jumps on Trent and Ginger's head. She plays really rough with poor Ginger, who is usually taken by surprise while Mojo plays vampire kitty. She goes after Ophelia. She scratches on the speaker and my (mother's) chair. She is just an ornery little cuss!

But last night, I woke up to the most excruciating headache ever. I've had migraines, and it was on par with if not higher than that pain level. But it wasn't a migraine. While I was laying there in agony trying to find any position that didn't hurt (it hurt to put my head on the pillow), Mojo came up and started nuzzling (licking and rubbing into my neck and kneading), and let me put my eyes into her chest/leg, where there's such soft soft fur. With her purring so hard, it made the headache a little bit better. She stayed there for at least 15 minutes until the worst had passed.

I love that little girl!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And she wasn't just doing it because she'd just done something terribly naughty & was trying to get brownie points before you found out?!

Cats are such amazing creatures.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Because if they didn't make up for it some way we'd kick them out on their furry little behinds (Stumpy, I'm talking to you!!!!!)

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww...thats sweet!
My little Benjamin is the trouble maker around here,but he has his sweet moments...probably just sucking up tho!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, don't you just love it when they pick up on your signals? It is always amazing to me how they know you're upset and snuggle accordingly.

clumsy kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww that's lovely. I hope you feel better soon. You're right though! But isn't it nice, you feel like you've earned their cuteness after a few days of downright naughtiness

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet. Gus is like that...he's our "60/40" cat. 60% of the time we want to kill him, but 40% of the time he's the sweetest little thing in the world.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Why is it that I knew which cat you were talking about before I opened the thread?

If its any consolation, Koko is finally settling down a little bit now that she turned 5 yesterday.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've decided the naughtest ones are also the smartest. So they know that as long as they are sweet after they are naughty we will still love and feed them. I agree they do calm down. Jordan was always my naughty / cuddly boy. He will be 5 in a couple weeks, but he really calmed down around his 4th birthrday. Last night was the firt time in months he tried to knock a picture off the wall. When I said "Jordan No", he came and cuddled with me. I think he learned that cuddling gets him the kind of attention he is looking for.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Aw, don't you just love it when they pick up on your signals? It is always amazing to me how they know you're upset and snuggle accordingly.
milo and shinobi are so good at doing that! if me and my dh are having 'words' they will both start clowning about, running through their tunnel and distracting us!