Here we go again!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
4 weeks old & dying. No mother. Within days dropped weight drastically. Semi-feral, but man coming around fast!

I wasn't exactly thrilled to be bringing them home, but there is no other foster home & they'll die otherwise. This way, they stand half a chance.

Did I mention I hate the whole "feed every few hours" thing?

2 orange/white
1 tortie
1 calico

If it wasn't bad luck to name them names that start with the letter "D" (D kittens always die...3 years running every one has died) I'd name the tortie Damita.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Name them all P's, and she can be Princess and Damita in heart!

that the kittens pull through - if anyone can love them through it, it's you Nat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got informed they've already been named. Clyde, Curt, Classy, & Callie.

From left to right....Classy, Clyde, & Callie

Then Curt....who doesn't look that bad in person

Set them up with a heating pad. Washed off Curt's face/nose to get most of the gunk off.

Boy does this Tortie have some 'tude!
Callie & Curt are fairly social, the other two are more into trying to attack me right now.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're adorable.
That little Tortie has the sweetest little face, but I hear you on the 'tude.
My Annabelle can be as sweet as sugar one second and the next second she remembers she's a Tortie

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww - they are cuties huh?! And you're an angel for opening your heart to yet more kitties! At least they're already 4 weeks and should be eating on their own soon... Hopefully sleepless nights dont last long!

They are all so adorable, and the markings are Callie's face are hysterical! Look forward to watching them grow. Too cute!

Good luck and have fun!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Four more little sweeties who have "landed on their feet" -- talk about lucky finding themselves in your care!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was going to suggest naming them after Blues singers. Their momma died and now they have the blues.........

(that's how Muddy Waters, Koko Taylor, Jake and Elwood got their names).

Cute babies! At 4 weeks, you can stretch out their feedings a little bit unless they are terribly unhealthy. We did every 2 hours when ours were 10 days old and by the time they hit about 5 weeks, we were up to about every 6 hours. You should be in about the 4-5 hour range now.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I was going to suggest naming them after Blues singers. Their momma died and now they have the blues.........

(that's how Muddy Waters, Koko Taylor, Jake and Elwood got their names).

Cute babies! At 4 weeks, you can stretch out their feedings a little bit unless they are terribly unhealthy. We did every 2 hours when ours were 10 days old and by the time they hit about 5 weeks, we were up to about every 6 hours. You should be in about the 4-5 hour range now.
That's about where I'm at. I go every 5 hours, except for the tortie who I bumped to every 3 hours. She's not looking so well. They get dewormed today, hopefully that helps.
The tortie is 11 oz, the other's are range from 1 lb 5 oz to 1 lb 10 oz!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, bless you for bringing them home Nat, fingers crossed for them.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How are the kittens doing? Hopefully they are eating and growing, and starting to trust you! You are a saint to open your home and heart to the little ones!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got pics in the Fur Pics forum. They're doing fairly well. The tortie will go from lethargic to playful & back to lethargic.
She's not dehydrated, & I keep putting her in the food. She hasn't lost any weight, which is a good thing. But she still isn't doing well. Has very loose/foamy stools.

They're on Albon, & have been dewormed. If I can get anything, I'm taking in a stool sample, but there's not much there to use.