Go away bird

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anyway to keep a bird out of my garage? I got a robin that seems to like hanging out in there. I really don't mind but DH was like, " I don't want that bird pooing up everything in the garage." He also said if it builds a nest in there he will take it down.
MEANIE

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep the garage shut when the bird's not inside. He'll have to live/nest elsewhere and shouldn't stay in the garage anymore.

If your garage is open, I doubt there's anyway to keep him out.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does sound like you need to remove the object of his/her affection, which is the open garage, by shutting the door until he/she moves on.

Last year a young male robin decided that my work truck (which is parked outside in the open), would be a nice place to roost at night.

Every night he'd settle down on my drivers side mirror and poop up a storm, all down both sides of the mirror, then he'd step in his own mess, clean his feet off with his beak and rub his beak clean on my window.

Nice.

I tried parking my truck in different places to confuse him. No dice, he'd find it and roost there.

He was very persistant and I had to deal with him for several months before he moved on. Probably after he found a mate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Last year a young male robin decided that my work truck (which is parked outside in the open), would be a nice place to roost at night.

Every night he'd settle down on my drivers side mirror and poop up a storm, all down both sides of the mirror, then he'd step in his own mess, clean his feet off with his beak and rub his beak clean on my window.

Nice.

OMG, that is just halarious.