TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Conversations that could only happen in a cat household
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Conversations that could only happen in a cat household - Page 3

post #61 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumsy kitty View Post
Yep I'm with marjan on this one. Usually 'No Oscar, I don't need your help with this email...' - usually a split second AFTER he's managed to send the damn thing, so the recipient just gets an incoherent drawl, 'jgiolrj iognudf9-0956igj /:'#?~?#.'

Once, he decided to stroll across my laptop, as he does so regularly. But one day he pressed a combination that made the desktop turn upside down I didn't know how to turn it back! I had to put a Q up on a website, typing with the laptop help upside down, and they gave me the key combination to get it the right way.
That's not to mention the time he walsed across the keypad and typed 'mog' (I kid you not, he's a kitty genius!).
Much love for your little anarchist genius!
post #62 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativgirl View Post

1:30 am. THUNK. . .THUNK. . .THUNK. Bandit took the stopper out of the sink . . . AGAIN. (Bandit has a habit of sending random things down the bathroom sink drain). All the toothbrushes, hair stuff, etc. . . gone.
Time to 'fess up. I didn't realise it until later, but the parents were blaming the dogs (and cats). It was me. With some help from my little sister.

Though, frankly, a lazy gap in the bathroom panelling BEGS to be played with to unsupervisored toddlers.
post #63 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by algebrapro18 View Post
One I seem to be having a lot lately...

Tomnus your only about 8 pounds how do you take up this much room in bed...and give me some blankets I'm freezing my *** off over here.

He is a bed and kind of a blanket hog. He sleeps on top of them and thats the problem...with him laying on top of the blankets its hard with out moving him to get more blanket on me.

This is one that happened last night...not as funny though.

My Girlfriend(while on a video call with me): Hey Tomnus look over here
Tomnus: *looks everywhere but the screen*
Me: Guess he doesn't want to talk right now...
My Girlfriend:*goes to get a teddy bear and then holds it in front of the web cam* Hey Tomnus look here
Tomnus: *stairs intently at the bear and even starts to purr a little*
Me: Fine Tom make a lier out of me
Girlfriend: *puts the bear down* Hey Tomnus
Tomnus: *Looks at the ceiling and stops purring*
Me: *laughs* Apparently I was right <---- BIG MISTAKE
Girlfriend:*Spends the next hour crying* He doesn't like me, I must be a bad person
Me: *Spends the next hour trying to calm her down so I can go to bed* No no no...he likes you he is just being difficult.
You poor thing. Try to remember that, like the Transformers, girls are 'more than meets the eye'.
post #64 of 76
Gayef: Your posts have got to be some of the funniest things I have read! I bet that customer service rep still tells that story. I have been feeling a little under the weather today, and you really made me feel better.

DH: Why do these cat's keep leaving dead geko's by the door
Me: Because they like us
DH: could they like us a little less
post #65 of 76
Has anyone ever sent an email with this in the middle:

Oh by the way [enter cat's name here] has just dropped by to say: "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdssssssssgggggghjkl"

(i.e. the kitty has stepped on your keyboard and you decide to include it in the email you're composing. )

Once, I was writing to DH and the pattern was:

"looooooooooooooooooookkk"

I wrote: Hon, Bonnie wants your attention!!

And btw, after reading several posts on your kitties favorite places to puke...wow, I never realized how polite Bonnie is in her puking. She has never puked on an object or a piece of clothing. Just on the carpet, always making sure it's in full view so we don't miss it.
post #66 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by algebrapro18 View Post
One I seem to be having a lot lately...

Tomnus your only about 8 pounds how do you take up this much room in bed...and give me some blankets I'm freezing my *** off over here.

He is a bed and kind of a blanket hog. He sleeps on top of them and thats the problem...with him laying on top of the blankets its hard with out moving him to get more blanket on me.

This is one that happened last night...not as funny though.

My Girlfriend(while on a video call with me): Hey Tomnus look over here
Tomnus: *looks everywhere but the screen*
Me: Guess he doesn't want to talk right now...
My Girlfriend:*goes to get a teddy bear and then holds it in front of the web cam* Hey Tomnus look here
Tomnus: *stairs intently at the bear and even starts to purr a little*
Me: Fine Tom make a lier out of me
Girlfriend: *puts the bear down* Hey Tomnus
Tomnus: *Looks at the ceiling and stops purring*
Me: *laughs* Apparently I was right <---- BIG MISTAKE
Girlfriend:*Spends the next hour crying* He doesn't like me, I must be a bad person
Me: *Spends the next hour trying to calm her down so I can go to bed* No no no...he likes you he is just being difficult.
i dated a guy who chloe LOVED (this was back when she had *just* started allowing me to pet her) she sat in his lap and everything else. he swore that as soon as i left the room, she hissed and growled at him and even tried to bite him. instead i think he was jealous of chloe and did stuff to her, thinking id pick him over my cat. YEAH, RIGHT. you can see who i chose LOL
post #67 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang_27 View Post
Here's another one I'm famous for saying ...

"I don't eat your food, so please get your nose out of my plate."
That's me, too. Swanie! Do I get in your face when you're eating your food? Nooo!
post #68 of 76
This may or may not be appropriate but ... spoken to George this very day:

"George!! I do NOT pee in your water dish, so would you puh-leeeeeeze quit drinking from my toilet!"

It made my husband spit out his coffee through his nose, which is always good for a laugh. *wink*
post #69 of 76
We have had a few funny conversations like...

Me:Hey, you finally got your laptop back, did they fix it or give you a new one?
DH: I got the same one back.
Me: How do you know?
DH: There are still cat hairs under the keys.

And also, we go the petsmart and buy in bulk about once a month because it is cheaper. So we went up to the register with 40lb of one kind of litter, 20lb of another kind, about 30lb of dry food, three new cat food bowls, a water bowl, a litter box, and some toys. When we got to the register the lady said: OH, are you adopting a cat? Us: No this is just for our cats. Lady: How many cats do you have! Us: Only three very spoiled cats.
She just stood there and laughed.

Manda
post #70 of 76
"No, Sneakers, you don't want this. this is a Wheat Thin."
(I hold out the cracker to show her she doesn't want it.)
(Sneakers proceeds to chew up and EAT the Wheat Thin.)
"OK, I guess you DID want it."
I have cats with weird taste!

Then there's the typical lunchtime or snack routine:
"No, kitty, that's my food!" (as a kitten sits on my chest and tries to steal food out of my mouth.)



Someone just posted on a dog forum I visit that they had the police called on them at a store because the cashier overheard a conversation between them and a friend about how their "kids" were at home alone. Their friend asked how old the kids are not and they said, "4 and 6." What the cashier failed to realize is that she was talking about her FOUR-legged kids, she doesn't have any children!
post #71 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by psjauntie View Post
Gayef: Your posts have got to be some of the funniest things I have read! I bet that customer service rep still tells that story. I have been feeling a little under the weather today, and you really made me feel better.

DH: Why do these cat's keep leaving dead geko's by the door
Me: Because they like us
DH: could they like us a little less
Your DH sounds a lot like my darling BF, though he's a HUGE softie underneath.
post #72 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCurledUp View Post
And btw, after reading several posts on your kitties favorite places to puke...wow, I never realized how polite Bonnie is in her puking. She has never puked on an object or a piece of clothing. Just on the carpet, always making sure it's in full view so we don't miss it.
I KNOW! Aren't our babies so good?!
post #73 of 76
Thread Starter 
Gee I'm glad Rob and I had that conversation in the ferry terminal! I'm having a ball reading all these replies!
post #74 of 76
Even though DH and I consider all the critters to belong to both of us, if there is a really bad mess that they've made, they conveniently belong to the other person. The worst happened with a dog of ours:

Me: Ellie Mae just puked in the living room.
DH: You gonna clean it up?
Me: OMG! (It was moving) She's your dog.
DH looks at it: *censor* Your the one that wanted a dog.
Me: But you wanted a dog more than I did.
DH: *sigh* Will you help me?
Me: No way.

PM me if your curious. I won't explain in open forum.
post #75 of 76
i cant tell you how many times ive heard this one:

WHO KNOCKED ALL MY CLEAN CLOTHES DOWN AND SH!T ON THEM?!?!?! (its always patchy; she has issues)

when i took my laptop in to get it fixed i got funny looks when i told them: dont worry about the white stuff under the keys. its just strawberry yogurt smoothie that the cat knocked over.

i got this phone call when i had a new harddrive put in my desktop:
geek:um ma'a'm, do you want me to clean out your fan and tower? its kind of linty.
me: does it need it?
geek: well, um, im guessing you have a pet.
me: i have 2 long haired cats.
geek: well, that explains it -- your fan is clogged and on the verge of burning up.
me: well the cats do like to play by the computer
geek: you should vaccuum you computer after you bringe it home

my cats have puked on the tv remote so many times that im immune to cleaning it. i just hate it when they puke in my bed and bury it and i dont discover it until i climb into bed and find a big chunky wet spot
post #76 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany View Post
Even though DH and I consider all the critters to belong to both of us, if there is a really bad mess that they've made, they conveniently belong to the other person. The worst happened with a dog of ours:

Me: Ellie Mae just puked in the living room.
DH: You gonna clean it up?
Me: OMG! (It was moving) She's your dog.
DH looks at it: *censor* Your the one that wanted a dog.
Me: But you wanted a dog more than I did.
DH: *sigh* Will you help me?
Me: No way.

PM me if your curious. I won't explain in open forum.
Now that sounds familiar.

DH on Wednesday: Where did that dirt in front of your desk upstairs come from?
Me: What dirt?
DH: I dunno. You'd better take a look - probably your cat did something.

Jamie had apparently stepped in his poo in his litterbox, and then tracked it through part of the upstairs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Conversations that could only happen in a cat household