*****KatKwiz! - April 22 - Warning! Numbers!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery: For the first time in a while, nobody used the word of the day, game(s). The other words not selected by Alley (Persi is in jail), were animate, points, same, equal. 1400 points today.

Every time that nobody has been able to answer the KatKwiz question of the day in the past, there were numbers involved.

On the surface, today's question sounds like an easy question, but is it?

The KatKwiz that you are looking at right now is the number ____________KatKwiz ever posted.

Since this is one of my infamous number games, I expect no correct answer.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The KatKwiz that you are looking at right now is the number 188 KatKwiz ever posted.
i may have counted wrong though........ do we get points for the closest guess?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

The KatKwiz that you are looking at right now is the number ____________KatKwiz ever posted.

Since this is one of my infamous number games, I expect no correct answer.
My answer is # 189. That was fun to research!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

# 183 ???????????????
That is exactly what I came up with, one half of a leap year of KatKwizzes!
Congratulations!

There are a couple of reasons I suspected nobody would get the correct answer. There was an older KatKwiz that I ran last year that ran 73 times. This number is hard to find unless you do a search on all strings I have started. But the second gotcha was that this year my computer was broken down for three days, thus subracting from the 113 days this year. 73+110=183.

KatKwery: (1400 points)
How long do you think KatKwiz can keep coming up with new questions? How many points do you think KatKwiz has awarded altogether? How long do you think KatKwiz will last this time? How long before KatKwiz runs out of points? Did you like KatKwiz better when it was paying out 4,000 points a day?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

How long do you think KatKwiz can keep coming up with new questions? How many points do you think KatKwiz has awarded altogether? How long do you think KatKwiz will last this time? How long before KatKwiz runs out of points? Did you like KatKwiz better when it was paying out 4,000 points a day?
the katkwiz cats are too clever too run out!
i think it will run for approximately 2-3 years IF it was too run out

and as long as everybodys Hospitality and good nature carrys on the katkwiz points will be forever more!
i wasnt around for the old katkwiz but its not the points that matter its the participating and learning new things that matters

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't around when Katkwiz was paying out 4,000 points a day. I think Katkwiz will be around for quite some time.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think KatKwiz questions will keep coming, you just might have to get a little creative at times to keep them new. As long as people are generous and donate points to KatKwiz there will always be points to give away. I'm guessing KatKwiz has given out 4-500,000 points already! I am new to this though, so I wasn't around when you could get 4,000 points a day.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got started going to KatKwiz. I'm not really in it for the points, but it is exciting when I do win, LOL! 365.25 new questions for a year is a lot of questions. I would guess you would run out of questions before points! At least I would. I would say you've awarded about 600,000 points so far. Just a wild guess!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is exactly what I came up with, one half of a leap year of KatKwizzes!
Congratulations!

There are a couple of reasons I suspected nobody would get the correct answer. There was an older KatKwiz that I ran last year that ran 73 times. This number is hard to find unless you do a search on all strings I have started. But the second gotcha was that this year my computer was broken down for three days, thus subracting from the 113 days this year. 73+110=183.
Woo Hoo!!!! Thank you very much!!! I found the #73 thread and I remembered the computer downtime well... so I did make sure it didnt happen any other month also
Thanks again!!!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I hope the cats can come up with questions for a long time!! This is fun!

I have no idea how many points have been awarded so far, but I'm sure it's a pretty high number!

I must not have been here when the payout was 4K/day. That is a lot!!

I'm happy that you sent out those PMs a while back to get some of us newbies involved!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Eventually of course there will be some redundance, just reworded. KatKwiz will last as long as the points last. KatKwiz has given out more than a quarter million points to date. (Don't worry, I won't make you get your calculators on this.) My old policy was to only give interest points away, so I would imagine that the points will run out some day without a further cut in payments, but I hereby state that there WILL be a 100,000 point payout to the KatKwery superbowl winner. Personally, I enjoyed giving out the maximum points possible and never worry about running out.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think any of us want the katkwiz to ever stop, so therefore I dont think you'll run out of points because we'll just have to start donating points to you! And I think your infanite wisdom will prevent you from ever running out of questions! It doesn't matter how many points katkwiz gives out, we just love to play!! I think I would play for nothing just to have winner of the day!! However the 3500 points you were giving out each katkwiz gave me a great foundation on points, and for that Im very greatfull!! This game is too wonderfull to stop!! Im not sure how many points you've given out! Quite a few I imaine! I hope you dont run out of points!! People will have to go to the bank take their points out and make donations to you to keep ya going!!