she's not geting pregnant

sts racing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok, heres the problem, my cat is around 1 year and 4 month old, and she's actually a Social ferral cat that been with me since she was 1 week old when her mom gave birth of her in my back yard and left her and she still live in my back yard, any way the day she turnd 1 year i was expcting her to go in heat but no she didn'nt, three month ago i noticed alot of male cats start to hang out in my back yard 4 big male cats sniffing around here and there, so i knew it's her smell what brought the males to mate with her altho still no heat sign, the next morning i came out and start to call her and when she showed up
a gang of male cat were all over the place chasing her trying to jump on her but she keept yelling at the them and runing away, it keept in this exact situation for a good 5 days she comes or she goes males behind her trying to rape her, 5 days later everything went normall untill 1st of aprill when male cats start to hang out in my back yard again and the same scenario again and 5 days every thing went normall, 22 days later no sign of nipples no big belly no pregnancy, and guess what, 2 hours ago i noticed 2 male cats in my freakin yard again

over 3 males and 5 day and later 3 males and probebly 7 days and no pregnancy

whats going on here someone tell me, i might dont know anything about cats but i swear i've seen 2 female cat that actually a 4 or 6 month younger than here have kittens already

feedback neede

faisal @ STS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sts racing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

best possible advice for this situation: get her spayed.
thanks for your replay but no thanks im not looking to spaye her

guys dont bother and replay with spaying her is better, if somone looking to help then read my question and replay regard it and i'll be appreciate

thanks

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You LIKELY will NOT get the answers you are seeking... these rules are what you agreed to upon signing up

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15184

2. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cat. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old. By spaying and neutering you enhance your cat's quality of life and improve his or her health. You are also proving your love for cats because in acting as a responsible pet owner you are minimizing the problem of cat overpopulation.

I would SUGGEST a vet visit since you are allowing Males near an unfixed female without a pregnancy since there could be a medical issue

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you live?
It is really sad to let the males treat her that way, that has to be stressful for her, if she is really a ferel cat please get her spayed for her physical health as well, like she won't be as likely to get cancer and tumors.
http://www.sniksnak.com/benefits.html

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She might even have pyo. . . which will kill if left untreated.

If she's not getting pregnant, and so many males are around her, she needs to see a vet.

Even if there isn't some underlying problem, you also need to consider the fact that any of these males could have FIV, Fe Luk, or any number of deadly infectious diseases. Plus, the bites she gets on her back when the males try to mount her could get infected. It just takes one. . .

Spaying would solve many of these problems.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How come you want a Cat to get Preg. I have one that is 16 and could not be fixed because it wasnt safe. She had Kittens once because I had to leave her at my Brothers/Dads and they had a unfixed Male. It must be terrible having all those Males jumping on her.

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you would love to have a gang of kittens playing in your garden... but the fact is, neutering 'your' feral cat is the only 'right' thing to do. Can you put yourself in her situation and imagine a group of men chasing you wherever you go trying to rape you? Doesn't bear thinking about does it? A NIGHTMARE.

If you really care about this poor taunted cat, you will get her spayed. If you can't afford it, maybe your local shelter can help, there are many neutering projects which help with neutering costs, especially as she's feral.

There are so many cats needing kind homes who are being culled in some shelters because of lack of homes available. Why let more kittens be born to the same fate?

And as the others said, it's far better for her health to be spayed.

Good luck with putting your own desires aside and doing what's best for this cat.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

You LIKELY will NOT get the answers you are seeking... these rules are what you agreed to upon signing up

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15184

2. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cat. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old. By spaying and neutering you enhance your cat's quality of life and improve his or her health. You are also proving your love for cats because in acting as a responsible pet owner you are minimizing the problem of cat overpopulation.

I would SUGGEST a vet visit since you are allowing Males near an unfixed female without a pregnancy since there could be a medical issue
Thank you for posting that rule Sharky

I feel you are allowing that cat to live in great danger. Danger of being injured or even possibly killed by aggressive males or getting a deadly disease or sickness. I hope after joining this site you will educate yourself on the importance of spay/neuter. Help that poor girl and get her to vet.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's a feral cat or mixed breed, she SHOULD be spayed. Why do you want her to have kittens? Apparently there is something gentically or internally wrong. Perhaps her organs are backwards (it happens in people). Please get her spayed and don't worry about her getting pregnant.

And I strongly urge you to trap and spay/neuter the other cats that are hanging around.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If she's a feral cat or mixed breed, she SHOULD be spayed. Why do you want her to have kittens? Apparently there is something gentically or internally wrong. Perhaps her organs are backwards (it happens in people). Please get her spayed and don't worry about her getting pregnant.

And I strongly urge you to trap and spay/neuter the other cats that are hanging around.
no matter what people say theyre not going too listen its the sad truth, they see a cute kitten and want one

they dont think about the deseases etc!
sad but true

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

instead of nice approach too this the member has been scared off
Considering this situation, I think everyone has been pretty nice to the poster. I'm about to change that. This amounts to torture for this cat and the poster has already said in their second post that they don't want to hear about spaying so I personally have to wonder if they really care about this cat at all.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Considering this situation, I think everyone has been pretty nice to the poster. I'm about to change that. This amounts to torture for this cat and the poster has already said in their second post that they don't want to hear about spaying so I personally have to wonder if they really care about this cat at all.
mybe i read them wrong but some appear a bit ready too bite lol

its sounds too me that the owner doesnt care but if we are gentler with them and explain things about FIV etc they may take a new approch

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

mybe i read them wrong but some appear a bit ready too bite lol

its sounds too me that the owner doesnt care but if we are gentler with them and explain things about FIV etc they may take a new approch
Sometimes folks come here with this sort of situation simply to get a "rise" out of our membership. If they read the rules when they sign up as a member and agree to abide by those rules, they would know that posting that type of message would get some pretty strong reactions just as persons posting about de-clawing will get some strong reactions also as it is against the policy of this site and clearly written into the rules.

If this cat got out by accident, got pregnant as a result of that, it's a different matter than trying to get a non-pedigree, feral cat pregnant and as a result having that cat mauled and bitten by tom cats in the area and most members here would try to do as much as possible to help them through it.

Nobody was nasty to the OP - they simply said that they should really have the cat spayed because it is healthier and safer for the cat and the OP immediately came back to say they did not want to hear about spaying.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Faisal, I hope you are still coming back to read replies. I understand from your profile that you're from the Middle East. Ahlan wa-Marhaba. I know there may be some cultural differences that make you think it's ok to let a cat breed, but please take a minute or two to read this article -
http://www.thecatsite.com/Care/177/S...Your-Cats.html

Hopefully you'll be convinced, and who knows, maybe you'll spearhead a new awareness campaign where you live

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Sometimes folks come here with this sort of situation simply to get a "rise" out of our membership. If they read the rules when they sign up as a member and agree to abide by those rules, they would know that posting that type of message would get some pretty strong reactions just as persons posting about de-clawing will get some strong reactions also as it is against the policy of this site and clearly written into the rules.

If this cat got out by accident, got pregnant as a result of that, it's a different matter than trying to get a non-pedigree, feral cat pregnant and as a result having that cat mauled and bitten by tom cats in the area and most members here would try to do as much as possible to help them through it.

Nobody was nasty to the OP - they simply said that they should really have the cat spayed because it is healthier and safer for the cat and the OP immediately came back to say they did not want to hear about spaying.
aaagh i see, sorry if theres typos i have a kitty (misty ) neading my rm......
she wants too play with mika

well lets hope this person does come bk as annes wrote read that link it

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

aaagh i see, sorry if theres typos i have a kitty (misty ) neading my rm......
she wants too play with mika

well lets hope this person does come bk as annes wrote read that link it
I'm hoping Anne is right and it's just a cultural issue and that this poster comes back and is able to learn and teach others.

Mika would probably like to play with Misty as well.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I'm hoping Anne is right and it's just a cultural issue and that this poster comes back and is able to learn and teach others.

Mika would probably like to play with Misty as well.
as a mod is it possible you PM them?

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I live there are a LOT of people under the misconception that if they spay/neuter their barn cats they won't mouse anymore. So I hear it a lot that people refuse to alter their strays/ferals/barn cats. There is no convincing them that it's the "right" thing to do regardless of the dangers of keeping them intact.

I remember a case where a woman came in with a some kittens for vaccinations. Two mom cats wandered onto her property pregnant and she took them both in, and they had a total of 8 kittens. We suggested that she have them FeLv/FIP tested and they all came up positive. She was devastated, crying and knowing that the neighboring farm had about 30 outside cats and it was likely that's where they came from. In the end, even with this evidence the woman was not able to convince the owners to have those (probably) infected cats altered. Some people just have a different mentality about cats.

I won't even add my two-cents about this feral, because I think everyone else has done a good job already. I don't think anyone was too harsh, so I hope she's coming back to read this thread!