Oh my! Pie!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love pie, almost any kind.

There was a lady here at the resort that made pies every Friday, all kinds of pies, all homemade.
They were $1.50 per huge slice and a cup of coffee.

Before she left (they only Winter here), we bought extra slices.

Tonight I'm having a last slice.
I'm trying, for the first time in my life, Raisin-Sour Cream pie.

I don't think I've ever tasted something so amazingly delicious before.
I didn't even know there was such a thing as raisin-sour cream pie.

I think I might die waiting for her to return in the winter.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, YUM! My grandma used to make a raisin pie that was sooo delicious! Now ya got me craving one!!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
OMG, now I want pie!

My ex used to make me make apple pie all the time cuz he looooved it and it's pretty easy to make... I cheated and bought pre made crusts though, cuz I can't make crusts right... but my recipe has an awesome crumble top... darn it! I want pie!

Oh and I did the same kind of thing with Girl Scout cookies... I have a box of thin mints in the freezer to be opened in like July or August... darn them only coming once a year!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coconut cream pie that my MIL makes!!!!
That stuff is soooooo yummy!!

But, I dont know about a raisin pie...lol....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could, but I live in a 28 foot aluminum travel trailer in the Mojave desert, I'm not cooking anything in here until cool weather comes back

My poor air conditioner works hard enough right now

hermione2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Interesting combination...but I can see how it'd work.

My grandmother used to make this *amazing* apple pie...I can't remember if she used store-bought pie crusts or not...I think she did. I can remember being little (as in maybe 4 or 5 years old) and wanting to have a slice right after she took it out of the oven! It was too hot, of course, so she'd put a little piece on a plate and let it cool in the fridge ^_^ I always got the first slice.

I miss those pies, and everything else my grandmother cooked.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Making pies is a bit of work, but I have to brag a bit and say I make amazing pies. My hubby and friends often ask me to make them a pie - their choice of filling. Hubby loves my blueberry pie as does my friend Rosemary, friend Debbie is into strawberry/rhubarb.

I make my own pie crust with my secret recipe that never fails and melts in your mouth. I brought my boss a piece of my last blueberry pie and his comment was, "the secret to good pie is the crust and that is excellent pie".

My favourite is chocolate pie with whipped cream. Mmmmmmm

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Making pies is a bit of work, but I have to brag a bit and say I make amazing pies. My hubby and friends often ask me to make them a pie - their choice of filling. Hubby loves my blueberry pie as does my friend Rosemary, friend Debbie is into strawberry/rhubarb.

I make my own pie crust with my secret recipe that never fails and melts in your mouth. I brought my boss a piece of my last blueberry pie and his comment was, "the secret to good pie is the crust and that is excellent pie".

My favourite is chocolate pie with whipped cream. Mmmmmmm
I have my Mom's secret crust recipe that is very easy with excellent results, but sorry, no, I am not sharing it!!!! I make a mean apple pie, too. I only use Northern Spy apples, an antique variety only grown here in the Great Lakes region.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I have my Mom's secret crust recipe that is very easy with excellent results, but sorry, no, I am not sharing it!!!! I make a mean apple pie, too. I only use Northern Spy apples, an antique variety only grown here in the Great Lakes region.
I actually love Cortland apples for pies although my mom liked the Northern Spy apples. (I'm pretty sure they were Northern Spy.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love making pies, until someone found out how good I was at it.
I was getting swamped with pie orders from friends and family for nearly every Holiday or special occasion.

My specialty is Black Bottom Pie with a crushed oreo cookie crust.
Second to that are my lattice topped apple pies (I do not like apple pie personally), my mom had a small Granny Smith tree in her yard that was one heck of a producer.