Has a word ever looked funny to you?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Say your typing something or writing and one particular word looks wierd even though you know it's spelled correctly. I was just PMing someone and I typed the word Work and it just looks goofy.
Maybe it's because I only had three hours of sleep last night.

megagene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Say your typing something or writing and one particular word looks wierd even though you know it's spelled correctly. I was just PMing someone and I typed the word Work and it just looks goofy.
Funny you should say that...I always spell it "werk" when I'm online chatting with someone because it rhymes with "jerk" so I feel it should be spelled similarly. I don't even have three hours of sleep to blame it on though. I'm just a special individual who rode the short bus to school.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calendar always seems wrong. Seems like it should be CalendEr. Call me crazzzzzzzzzzy..........

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG! I can't believe it was the word WORK!

True story. twenty something years ago I was working on a paper and I had to write the word "WORK" I though it just looked wrong, like Mork from Ork or something.

So I called my brother and when he answered the phone I just said "hey, how do you spell WORK?"

Long story short not only did I not seem to know how to spell work, I also dialed the wrong number!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

OMG! I can't believe it was the word WORK!

True story. twenty something years ago I was working on a paper and I had to write the word "WORK" I though it just looked wrong, like Mork from Ork or something.

So I called my brother and when he answered the phone I just said "hey, how do you spell WORK?"

Long story short not only did I not seem to know how to spell work, I also dialed the wrong number!
Now for some reason when it's capitalized it doesn't look weird but right now a lower case work just looks off. It looks like it would be pronounced W-OR-K instead of Werk. I hope I'm not confusing anyone. Sometimes it's hard to convey the strangeness that goes on in my mind.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
This so reminds me of a King of Queens episode (anyone watch? It's with Kevin James as a "UPS" driver)... he and Carry are in bed one morning when the radio alarm comes on and the weather guy says it's gonna be 'balmy' that day... then Doug (Kevin James) keeps saying balmy over and over cuz he's trying to remember if that means something good... then he's like "wait now it means nothing cuz I said it too much! balmy! balmy! balmy!"

Darn! Now the word balmy looks funny!!!! Ahhhhhh

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

This so reminds me of a King of Queens episode (anyone watch? It's with Kevin James as a "UPS" driver)... he and Carry are in bed one morning when the radio alarm comes on and the weather guy says it's gonna be 'balmy' that day... then Doug (Kevin James) keeps saying balmy over and over cuz he's trying to remember if that means something good... then he's like "wait now it means nothing cuz I said it too much! balmy! balmy! balmy!"

Darn! Now the word balmy looks funny!!!! Ahhhhhh
I watch King of Queens but I don't remember that episode. Also some words sound funny to say. Like for me saying the word toast used to crack me up.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Say your typing something or writing and one particular word looks wierd even though you know it's spelled correctly. .
what is this spelling thing you speak of

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Supercalifrajalisticexpealidocious always looks like it's spelled wrong!

I just had to toss that one out there.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Supercalifrajalisticexpealidocious always looks like it's spelled wrong!

I just had to toss that one out there.
no more beer for you

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aluminum, likely because a lot of elements end in ium. I prefer to spell it aluminium, while that isn't incorrect it's odd because that is not the American spelling.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Yeah, I drank it all already, duh Bruce!
Darn, I could use some beer right about now.
Maybe it would help me sleep.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should bring it up, because for about a week and a half now, I am so weirded out by "Snooze". Seen it all my life, but suddenly it doesn't seem like a real word, or like its a "text" shortcut word.