A little bit of good news...

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We found out that my mom's life insurance was approved for the full amount so now we can pay off the house, the credit cars, pay half the car off, and put the rest in investments.

We will use part of the money for our trip also. I will also be saving up for the trip that way we have plenty and we don't want to drain that much from the insurance.

Then after I ran and it all sank in, I began to cry because it just doesn't seem real. I can be logical and get things done when they need to be, but when I'm not, it doesn't seem like this is my life.

If I listen to certain songs it just makes it all the worse. I am grateful to be able to make the last few recipes that are vital to my cultural background. At least I am able to do that.

My cats are my last link to my mom. Sometimes when I cry at night I cry right on Lexi because she sleeps right next to me as close as possible and I think she knows. She will sometimes put her paw on my face.

Sometimes I wonder if there really is anything to look forward to in life.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a relief to have that sorted out without a fight. It's very final though isn't it

I'm glad you'll be able to get overseas and see Germany, your mum would be so proud of you for doing that.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am sorry for your loss of your mom. I'll keep you in our prayers. YES there is hope for the future. You need to morn your loss, don't hold it inside. Cry when you want to. God hears and will give his strength and comfort to you if you seek him out for that.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't give up. There is always something to look forward to.

Maybe babies that have your mother's eyes? Or her smile? If not yours maybe a niece or a nephew?

rickyd

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well thats great news and one less worry for you,hope you have a good trip,try and enjoy life i know it will be hard but that's what your mom would want for you that i'm sure of

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CheshireCat

Don't give up. There is always something to look forward to.

Maybe babies that have your mother's eyes? Or her smile? If not yours maybe a niece or a nephew?
I don't have any siblings so there won't be any nieces or nephews.
My mom loved children and I know she wanted a grandchild. Maybe one day when I get enough guts to get out and date I may end up with a family.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do and have a girl, bet you will give her you mom's name for her middle name - I'm sure you mom will appreciate that

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If you do and have a girl, bet you will give her you mom's name for her middle name - I'm sure you mom will appreciate that
Either that or my name since it is tradition to give girls their mother's name and their middle name. So my middle name is her first name and I'm grateful for that. She always said that I needed something from her to remind me.

I know I can't give up and that I have to go on because I know that is what she would want. I will just have to learn as I go and hope she has taught me enough to get me going.

I don't hold anything in. I may not show others, but when I'm alone and most often when I visit her every sunday I just cry.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww Sabrina
I'm glad that little part worked out during all the heartbreak. I thought it would.

Hang in there

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I'm glad that little part worked out during all the heartbreak.
some financial relief, at least... a small ray of
during your

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Am sorry for your loss of your mom. I'll keep you in our prayers. YES there is hope for the future. You need to morn your loss, don't hold it inside. Cry when you want to. God hears and will give his strength and comfort to you if you seek him out for that.

Originally Posted by Duchess15

....I will just have to learn as I go .......
I think you are exactly right there; it's a learning process.

I'm glad there is a little financial relief for you here. I'm also glad to hear you are going ahead with the plans to visit Germany.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I think you are exactly right there; it's a learning process.

I'm glad there is a little financial relief for you here. I'm also glad to hear you are going ahead with the plans to visit Germany.
Now that the money has been approved we will be able to pay for the trip. I was suppose to go with my mom and my mom would have wanted us to go so I feel no guilt in that decision. I will be splitting the cost down the middle with my dad.

I just hope that nothing happens before we go.