My F1 bengal executive assistant

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you know by now that we have a F1 bengal sharing our home with us. She is quite the beauty and amazing in so many ways. I am often in awe of her. She is one of a kind and so tuned in to us, that it is almost weird. I can only attribute this to her blood being more than 50% Asian Leopard Cat.

Anyway, on to the story......

I'm on morning litter box duty in the house. Six K, aka "Clippy", is doing his level best to disrupt my work by jumping into the litterbox, spazing out and then tearing off. Returning and repeating every 5 seconds.

Great fun for him, mostly annoying for me. I should mention that Clippy is a 6 month old. He gets a huge kick out of getting me aggravated. lol.

After about 6 leaps into the litterbox, accompanied by insane facial expressions and litter explosions, I have had enough bengal fun. I reprimand him and remove him from the litterbox with a firm: NO!

This is met with the typical Clippy "yeah right, whatever" look and he repeats the same behavior. So I repeat my behavior.

Resistance is futile is his retort.

Clippy is less than impressed with my insistance that he leave me be while I clean the boxes and he does the bengal fake out, which is to pretend he's interested in something else until I let my guard down and then he pounces back into the litterbox.

By now I'm very aggravated and I grab him up and look him right in the eye with a nice firm NO! and place him on the floor.

Here's where my assistant comes in.

Bakula (the F1) to the rescue. She has been observing the spectacle from the sidelines and has decided that Clippy needs some bengal discpline. Just as Clippy is going to defy me once again, Bakula grabs him by his scruff, drags him out of the litterbox and hauls him 10 feet away into the kitchen.

As soon as she lets go, he runs right back and she's hot on his trail, grabs him again and drags him back along with a growl to let him know she means business.

He bails on the idea of a third try and finds something else to do, leaving me to clean the boxes in peace, while I praise and thank Bakula for her kind assistance.

Did Bakula know what she was doing? I'd sure like to think so. I wonder what motivated her?

Sensing my frustration with Clippy? Or keeping him out of trouble? Or was she just sick of him getting all the attention?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hehe she's a clever girl!!!! Whatever the motivation, she knew what she was doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

He was keeping you from the litter duties and she had to GO!!!
Jan, I didn't even think of that! You're probably right. That blows my idea that she was doing it to help me, right out of the water.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!! What an INTELLIGENT animal!!!!! I think she did do it to help you and acted like an annoyed mama or big sister, taking the pesty lil brother to a time-out. I bet she did sense your anger.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Jan, I didn't even think of that! You're probably right. That blows my idea that she was doing it to help me, right out of the water.
She's absolutely brilliant - and you MUST know by now that they always have an ulterior motive!

And that boy!
Excuse me while I amuse myself at your expense!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she was helping you!!!

What a cool cat!

My Bengal Zoey is also a treat when I clean litter boxes. She takes a swipe at the scooper as I put the poop in the plastic bag and knocks the stuff all over the floor. She does this the whole time I clean boxes. I need a F1 Bengal to keep her in check!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I vote Bakula was helping you. To her, there's a limit to what humans can do specially in managing the children of her kind.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Bakula knew exactly what she was doing. That is one smart kitty.

If I were you I would be careful while doing online banking while she is around. She might see an opportunity to fund a lavish vacation for herself!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Wow!! What an INTELLIGENT animal!!!!! I think she did do it to help you and acted like an annoyed mama or big sister, taking the pesty lil brother to a time-out. I bet she did sense your anger.
I think she knew as well. Smart kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Wow what a smart girl. I do have one questions, what is a F1-Bengal?
A F1 bengal is the first generation of a Asian Leopard Cat to Bengal Cat (or other) mating.

In Bakula's case, her dam is a Bengal Cat and her sire is an Asian Leopard Cat.

So she carries about 60% wild blood.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

A F1 bengal is the first generation of a Asian Leopard Cat to Bengal Cat (or other) mating.

In Bakula's case, her dam is a Bengal Cat and her sire is an Asian Leopard Cat.

So she carries about 60% wild blood.
You must check out Nial's thread with pic of this amazing animal:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162344

Edit: This is worded badly. I'm not really suggesting that Nial should go look at his own link. I should have said that everyone else should. Oh well...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

He was keeping you from the litter duties and she had to GO!!!
i am sure that is the best answer

i only have 2, so i can only guess at all the fun that happens after you clean the boxes. i have 3 boxes around the h ouse, and they seem to think its great fun to race from box to box to be the first .

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just looked at the photos of this beautiful girl. She is stunning. What a gorgeous cat. Smart too.