What do I do??

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok well I noticed today that Pinky is limping... most of you know he has Aggression Issues and doesnt let anyone hold him. He'll let my mom pet him but nothing more or he attacks her.
Im kinda worried about his foot so earlier I figured id grab him by the back of his neck to hold him down, take a quick look then let him free... I ended up getting my hand torn up!
So then I got a towel... I was gonna wrap him up, take a look than set him free... he scratched me through the towel!!

Idk what else to do! I dont want to take him to the Vet if he's not hurt badly ((we kinda dont have the money right now for non-emergencies)) and if we did take him how would the Vet look at him without Pinky trying to kill him?!
Id hate to just leave him but I cant go near him.. ive even tried using chopped Steak from dinner to calm him down but if I touch him he forgets about the food and tries to attack me still!! anyone have any ideas??

-------------------------------------------------------------
Access Saliva??

Also.. I was gonna post this first... then the thing with Pinky came up so now im posting both...

Jack is like over Salivating... its kinda weird cuz he was sleeping in my lap last night while I was sitting on the couch and his neck was resting on my arm while his face was looking toward the floor.. I guess he was comfortable cuz he didnt move.. and something woke him and when he lifted his head a long string of spit was hanging out of his mouth!! and you can se bits of spit around his mouth when he looks at you ((when hes not sleeping)).
Ive never seen that before... ive actually never seen a cat have so much access Saliva in its mouth.. my mom thinks he may be Teething.. which is causing the Spit... but he doesnt chew on anything.
Other than the Spit he acts fine.. plays, eats etc.
So what can be causing the access Saliva and should I be worried??

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be Careful Stormy would do taht sometimes and once in a while throw up. Then last Dec 4th I found her very sick and we rushed to the Vets. She had alot of Saliva when I found her and was falling over. Her Kidneys were gone and she was Pts Dec which would have been my Grandmas Bday. They did say she might have had Kidney Cancer. I wish i knew to take her then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Be Careful Stormy would do taht sometimes and once in a while throw up. Then last Dec 4th I found her very sick and we rushed to the Vets. She had alot of Saliva when I found her and was falling over. Her Kidneys were gone and she was Pts Dec which would have been my Grandmas Bday. They did say she might have had Kidney Cancer. I wish i knew to take her then.
Oh.. umm.. ok were gonna take Jack to the Vet as soon as possible then!! my mom gets some extra money soon an shes gonna call a couple Vets tomorrow to se if theres at least one who will let her do Payment thing where she doesnt have to pay everything during the visit so we can take him in hopefully next week at the latest.

Thanks for warning me!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope he will be ok. The Vet told me not to blame myself but I still do. I have Stormys Mom and she is 16 and Stormy was only 5. your Cat might have something else wrong. I hope its not what she had. like I said her only symptoms were the drooling and throwing up sometimes. Anyway your Mom can get Care Credit. We got that when Yoshi got Sick. Its full now though. How old is Jack?

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I hope he will be ok. The Vet told me not to blame myself but I still do. I have Stormys Mom and she is 16 and Stormy was only 5. your Cat might have something else wrong. I hope its not what she had. like I said her only symptoms were the drooling and throwing up sometimes. Anyway your Mom can get Care Credit. We got that when Yoshi got Sick. Its full now though. How old is Jack?
I dont think Jack has Vomited yet... how long did your kitty drool before she started Vomiting?
My moms calling a Vet right now actually to ask them what could be causing the drooling and if we should bring him in, and shes gonna ask them about Care Credit.
If it is Kidney Failure/Cancer.. can if be fixed if we ketch it early enough?

Jack is 6-7 months old.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he is to young to have all that. He could be teething. I have a Kitten that is almost 8 months too. Dont Panic it dosent mean he has what Stormy had. She was 5. She would Drool off and on for months but I didnt relize it was bad. she would also barf like a few times per week. It sounds like Teeth to me because of his age.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
But I would think he'd chew on something.. or something.. idk.
The drooling just started this past couple days... the drool that came out of his mouth while he was sitting in my lap was a thick gooey drool.. I actually had to double check to make sure it wasnt coming from his nose.

It might not be bad... my moms gonna call the vet anyway just for safety... I hope he's just teething.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A big reason why a cat will drool is because of problems with their gums or teeth. If Jack is in the 4-7 month old range, chances are he is teething and could cause some drool. If he isn't in that range, then it could be gingivitus, stomatitus, or other gum inflations.

How bad is Pinky limping? The reason I ask: my Pinky (also aggressive) has been limping for about a week now. I let it go to watch it and every day he is a little bit better. My suspicion is that he jumped off of something and landed it on it funny. I know he's a clutz so didn't rush him to the vet.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

How bad is Pinky limping? The reason I ask: my Pinky (also aggressive) has been limping for about a week now. I let it go to watch it and every day he is a little bit better. My suspicion is that he jumped off of something and landed it on it funny. I know he's a clutz so didn't rush him to the vet.
Another Evil Pinky?!!!!
WHOA!!! lol

Umm.. idk.. I just noticed him limping. Hes a strictly indoor cat ((except for when my moms outside.. then he'll sit right outside the door and watch her)) so how he possibly hurt himself is amazing!
Ill se how hes doing tomorrow... and ill give it a few days to se if it gets better.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Another Evil Pinky?!!!!
WHOA!!! lol
My Pinky isn't evil, he just shows aggression when overstimulated. If you haven't read thru the cat showing aggression thread in the Behavior forum (it's a sticky), please do so. I didn't understand my Pinky until I read thru that thread.

I just thought it a weird coincidence that your Pinky and my Pinky both started limping out of the blue. If you want to read about him, he's the cat in the upper right corner next to my name.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is a weird coincidence... hmmm.
Pinky seems to be walking a lil better but im not sure completely.

UPDATE:
So we now have a Vet... we've been planning on fixing Jack anyway so we went ahead and called the Vets today ((we actually called 3 and found one that we felt comfortable with))... Also I found a sore on the back of Jacks Tongue... were not sure if thats causing the slobber and how he got the sore but its there.
Our Vet will be coming by next we to check Jack out... yea its a "Home Visit Vet"! lol I actually never thought id se one of those!!