Exciting outside experience

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
So pretty much every day (when there's good weather) Oliver goes out in the backyard on his harness and dog tie out for about an hour... he loves it... well this afternoon, my neighbor's dog was over in my yard with my dog (she usually goes over there, but he had people looking at his air conditioner) - Oliver was begging and begging to go out - I picked him up to the window to show him there was another dog in the yard, but he still begged... so I hooked him up and went out with him... he hissed at DJ (neighbors dog) and when DJ nicely came over (he has a cat brother, Roy) Ollie bopped him on the nose and ran under the deck steps where he turned into the deck troll and just poofed up and growled... it was all comical to me - no harm no foul on anyone... DJ was just like "well fine, don't be my friend" and walked away... I didn't want Ollie to be too stressed though, so I went to the basement and opened the window under the deck and took out the screen and Oliver practically dove into my arms, like "MAMA SAVE ME!" It was cute lol... he's fine now and the dogs are next door again... I'll see how he feels about the back yard in another hour, if not wait til tomorrow

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crisis averted lol... Oliver is back outside on his leash and harness enjoying the grass - with the backyard all to himself again

Usually I just harness him up at the back sliding door, open the door (where he waits until he has been hooked up) and then he trots out on his own... I did have to carry him out the door and down into the grass though before he realized it was ok.... he did go back under the deck for a little and sat at the window... I guess he thinks that will be his new "door" - boy is he wrong lol

But he's now happily munching grass (even though he has his own specially grown oat grass inside that he also snacks on) and eyeing the doggies from afar in the next yard... guess he feels much more comfy with 2 fences in between (he has no problem sharing "his" yard with my dog though lol)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

But he's now happily munching grass (even though he has his own specially grown oat grass inside that he also snacks on)
Kinda like how hose water tastes better than tap water when you're a kid (blech!)

I'm glad Oliver is back outside enjoying the day; if it's as pretty there as here I can't imagine a nicer day out. Hopefully he can make friends with his neighbor!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a very nice day! I think he just likes being out in the fresh air, watching birds and bugs and the grass is an added bonus lol

He is apparently picky about who his friends are
he wasn't very nice to DJ's cat brother, Roy, when we had them say hello and Roy had no problems - both were street kitties taken in too... but he has no problem with a fence between them lol... maybe cuz DJ and Roy were on "his turf" when they met

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

maybe cuz DJ and Roy were on "his turf" when they met
Looks like Roy and DJ will have to ask Oliver's permission before visiting.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Looks like Roy and DJ will have to ask Oliver's permission before visiting.
Haha, Oliver's not so nice about sharing... he still doesn't understand that this is really the dog's castle since she was here waaaaaaay before him and is actually known as the Queen around here (when she could still hear well she would actually come to the name Queen as well as her own name haha)... he struts around like he owns the place!

And the dog's a big chicken (yeah, 65 pound black lab hides behind my dad when the cat's being "mean")... I keep tellin her "one swat with your big ol foot and that'll learn 'im!"

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is such a funny guy. He seems to always be up to some adventure or other. The pic of him suits his personality. Just so cute.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

He is such a funny guy. He seems to always be up to some adventure or other. The pic of him suits his personality. Just so cute.
Oh yes, he's definitely always into something! And that is my favorite picture of him because he looks so cute, yet there's this hint of a devil look in his eyes