Anyone with Fancy Feast problems ??

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A new poster on another forum had two young cats get very sick, nearly over night, after eating new cans of Fancy Feast. One of the two just died at the ER vet this afternoon.

I was just wondering if anyone here had heard of any problems with Fancy Feast???

hyper piper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat ate some FF Tuna last night with no problems. Going to hold off giving her anymore until I hear some more from you all. Thanks for the heads up!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fed Popsie Fancy Feast chunky chicken flavored. He hasn't gotten deathly ill. I hope your cats get better soon.

ognstub

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
one cat out of three wont get off this canned crack called fancy feast.
i am feeding them raw and stubby will not eat anything that doesnt have some ff blended in...

i am adding less and less though heehehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gidgetcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I don't know anyone who feeds fancy feast, but I hope it is not a problem with the food or many more kitties may get sick
I'm with you 100% about hoping that something isn't wrong with FF, as a whole lot of people feed it to their kitties.

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats Fancy Feast every night and they've never experienced any problems. The last batch of cans we purchased was in March.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Blast-Off-Girl

I feed my cats Fancy Feast every night and they've never experienced any problems. The last batch of cans we purchased was in March.
Same here...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope there is not a probelm with FF. Her Royal Highness has decided that only Fancy Feast will do, and Jordan will only eat FF medolies about 90% of the time.

Not to mention all the cats that we feed it to at the cat shelter.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I hope there is not a probelm with FF. Her Royal Highness has decided that only Fancy Feast will do, and Jordan will only eat FF medolies about 90% of the time.

Not to mention all the cats that we feed it to at the cat shelter.
Dusty will only eat FF Gormet chicken, salmon and beef flavors. But she went nuts over turkey breast we barbequed the other night! She also goes nuts over Subway sandwiches. Every time I bring one home she won't let me eat it in peace. So I have to give her pieces of the meat & cheese inside. Spoiled kitty.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Fancy Feast too. I have Gourmet Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Feast, 1 can left. We had no issues with them. My can has a different code on it.

I have read some of the posts on various places blaming foods, and I have to wonder, as quite a few are older animals that "haven't seen the vet in years." There is an entire site dedicated to bashing Purina Beneful that I read one day. There are a couple for Nutro. Not long ago I remember reading allegations of tylenol being in a very high end pet food. I think it was found to be false, but it got plastered across the internet first.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's another one called ********* that is there for the purpose of gathering clients for lawsuits -especially class-action. They make no secret of the fact that they are allied with a personal injury law firm. Also if you do like you are going to post a complaint yourself, you get a message saying that unless you UNcheck the box, one of their attorneys just might contact you. They say they screen what is posted, but they are not vets so I do not trust one single item of information on that site.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

There's another one called ******** that is there for the purpose of gathering clients for lawsuits -especially class-action. They make no secret of the fact that they are allied with a personal injury law firm. Also if you do like you are going to post a complaint yourself, you get a message saying that unless you UNcheck the box, one of their attorneys just might contact you. They say they screen what is posted, but they are not vets so I do not trust one single item of information on that site.
Very true
.. it is unfortunate that instead of making sure something is a FACT they let it be one without verifiyng

Some other sites are good for the TESTING aspect as some are paying for the foods to be tested ...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This thread is being returned to the board, but has been edited. There were quite a few negative comments about other sites and those have been removed. Just as we don't appreciate slanderous comments about TCS on other sites, we appreciate it if you keep negative comments about other sites off this board.

Thank you.

javern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats eat FF a couple times per week, no problems here.

Originally Posted by GidgetCat

A new poster on another forum had two young cats get very sick, nearly over night, after eating new cans of Fancy Feast. One of the two just died at the ER vet this afternoon.

I was just wondering if anyone here had heard of any problems with Fancy Feast???