Some pictures of my girls outside!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was our first really nice day in a while and I couldn't help but bring the animals out to play! Thor, Leya, Kitty, and Mercedes all got some sun today!

Here they are together. Mercedes is still fairly young which is why she is smaller. Kitty is just about two years old and Mercedes....
I'm not entirely sure. I got her when she was 9 weeks old so she is around 6 months old now?

Mercedes.

Kitty

I was doing yard work and couldn't keep an eye on them, but they loved being outside so I put this on top of them.

Of course it took Kitty about three seconds to figure out how to get out! Rats are incredibly smart!

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Adorable!! I bet they absolutely loved their time outside!

I used to have rats, great pets! My husbands boys were getting old enough to want a pet of their own, and my DH used to have a rat. It took a bit of convincing for me to allow it at first, but I was so smitten with their rats, I went out and got one of my own! His name was Mr. BoJangles
He loved to sit on my shoulder and nibble my earrings and hair. I'd love to have another one.... just not a male though maybe

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wonderful pics!!! I LOVE rats and I LOVE outdoor ratty pics!

I can't wait to take my ratties outside.
It has not been warm enough yet tho!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your rats are so cute!
Love their colors
Looks like they love the outdoors!!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awww its rats that made me get mice ( we didnt have room for rats)
woooooooooow i love mercade's hoooow cuteeeeeee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

They are so cute. I wouldn't have thought you could let them outside.
They love it out there! They look around for things to eat, like all the acorns
I also have a few bird feeders and they find the pieces on the ground and munch on those.

Originally Posted by Kelicat

Adorable!! I bet they absolutely loved their time outside!

I used to have rats, great pets! My husbands boys were getting old enough to want a pet of their own, and my DH used to have a rat. It took a bit of convincing for me to allow it at first, but I was so smitten with their rats, I went out and got one of my own! His name was Mr. BoJangles
He loved to sit on my shoulder and nibble my earrings and hair. I'd love to have another one.... just not a male though maybe
They did love it! You SHOULD get a girl! I've never had a boy, but I have a friend that does and he says his male has a problem with getting his "stink" everywhere. Girls don't smell at all!

Originally Posted by 709Juggalette

Wonderful pics!!! I LOVE rats and I LOVE outdoor ratty pics!

I can't wait to take my ratties outside.
It has not been warm enough yet tho!
It was so much fun taking them out! I know for a fact that it was Mercedes first time outside and she had a BLAST. She didn't know what to do with herself!

Originally Posted by pixietina

awww its rats that made me get mice ( we didnt have room for rats)
woooooooooow i love mercade's hoooow cuteeeeeee
Mercedes is pretty
I love her light tan color!

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Aww!! Great pics!!
I would be afraid they would run off though!
I kept an eye on them. They don't run from me so they are easy to catch. Kitty doesn't like being too far from me, and Mercedes sticks fairly close to her.

I will say my older lady neighbor must think I'm a freak!
She looked over at me when I picked up the two rats and looked like she was about to faint!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww I love the Blue on Kitty!!! and she is so big! shes almost as big as Thor!!!
I love how smart rats are.. its almost challenging to find them something to keep there mind on!

I cant wait till I can take Alyssa and TempleTon outside and to stores and car rides with me again!!
Alyssa knows her name and comes to me when I call her and TempleTons a mama's boy so he doesnt go to far and follows me if I walk away from him.

Ive had some funky comment and looks when ive had my Rats out.. last yr I took TempleTon to a Parade ((he sat on my shoulder the whole time)) and while I was walking past people in the crowd everyone said something... good and bad... I even had a couple people my age follow me around for a while before asking if they could pet Temps

Then I went to a Wal-Mart right after the parade ((i didnt have time to take Temps home first)) and the Clerk in the Fabric isle just about had a heart attack then ran away when she noticed Temps asleep on my shoulder... she then came back with the Manager and had me kicked out
but it was really funny!

Your Rats have beautiful coloring though!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Awww I love the Blue on Kitty!!! and she is so big! shes almost as big as Thor!!!
I love how smart rats are.. its almost challenging to find them something to keep there mind on!

I cant wait till I can take Alyssa and TempleTon outside and to stores and car rides with me again!!
Alyssa knows her name and comes to me when I call her and TempleTons a mama's boy so he doesnt go to far and follows me if I walk away from him.

Ive had some funky comment and looks when ive had my Rats out.. last yr I took TempleTon to a Parade ((he sat on my shoulder the whole time)) and while I was walking past people in the crowd everyone said something... good and bad... I even had a couple people my age follow me around for a while before asking if they could pet Temps

Then I went to a Wal-Mart right after the parade ((i didnt have time to take Temps home first)) and the Clerk in the Fabric isle just about had a heart attack then ran away when she noticed Temps asleep on my shoulder... she then came back with the Manager and had me kicked out
but it was really funny!

Your Rats have beautiful coloring though!!!
You got yourself kicked out of Wal-Mart!
Don't worry, I've been kicked out of a few places for having pets with me!
I had Kitty out with me for Halloween when all the kids came to get candy Kitty would be sitting on my lap looking up at them! It was hilarious! Almost all of the kids thought it was the coolest thing and asked to pet her and the moms (who already ran away) would be yelling from the sidewalk "DON'T TOUCH THAT THING!!!!!"
It was great!

The best part about that was when the kids were walking to the next house with their moms and they would say, "Mom can we get one!.....PLEASE......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!"

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous ladies you have there.

Have you never trained them to come when called?

I used to breed Siamese(Himi) x Rex, but my personal pets were always just petstore feeder 'mutts', I trained them to come when called and frequently took them to the park to run free and play (you just have to be prepared to chase away predators. I carried a Super Soaker with me).

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

You got yourself kicked out of Wal-Mart!
Don't worry, I've been kicked out of a few places for having pets with me!
Ive actually got my self kicked out of several Wal-Marts, a Bank, Grocery Stores and a couple other Places... Im surprised no one said anything when I was walking around a school with Temps on my shoulder

I have a habit of taking Temps EVERYWHERE with me!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Arlyn

(you just have to be prepared to chase away predators. I carried a Super Soaker with me).
OMG WHAT AN IMAGE!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Gorgeous ladies you have there.

Have you never trained them to come when called?

I used to breed Siamese(Himi) x Rex, but my personal pets were always just petstore feeder 'mutts', I trained them to come when called and frequently took them to the park to run free and play (you just have to be prepared to chase away predators. I carried a Super Soaker with me).
How did you do that!!! They both know their names, but they don't seem too interested in treats. They will eat treats in the cage, but leave them on the floor and run around. I don't know much about rats and training them.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alyssa and TempleTon both know there names and come when called too... although I didnt teach them they just kinda knew.

Hey EnzoLeya,
Have you bathed your rats yet?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I left mine loose in my room so the only way they got fed was if they came to me when I called them, otherwise they had nothing to munch but rabbit pellets, and they really prefered fresh foods.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Vixen16

Alyssa and TempleTon both know there names and come when called too... although I didnt teach them they just kinda knew.

Hey EnzoLeya,
Have you bathed your rats yet?
Yes! I get scratched up worse when I bathe them than when I bathe the cats!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I left mine loose in my room so the only way they got fed was if they came to me when I called them, otherwise they had nothing to munch but rabbit pellets, and they really prefered fresh foods.
Maybe that's my problem!
They usually have a fresh fruit of some sort in their cage. It's probably better than my rat treats!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love taking my rats to parks and festivals and whatnot,because it is an opportunity to educate people.

I have males and while I love females,I will never go back! Males are so much more cuddly,affectionate and lazy.Females are cute,but so hyper and playful.I found taking my females outside was sometimes a challenge as they wanted to explore,while my males will just stay with me.