Honey Popcorn

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I've been on this honey kick lately, and I was wondering what you think might happen if I made popcorn on the stove but put honey in the pan with the oil that I heat up to pop the popcorn in.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that sounds soooo good!!
I think it would turn out wonderfully! let us know if you do it!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds wonderful if the honey doesn't scorch! If it does, maybe you could try just adding the honey after it's done popping, so you can lower the heat a bit...

Let us know how it turns out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to say that was a mistake.
I think it would have been fantastic if I'd made it like caramel corn, but the honey basically burnt in the oil so it just tastes....weird. Darn...

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'd have to make popcorn balls by air-popping the corn and then using a mixture of butter and honey (and other stuff) to make the balls.

That could be really good.

Otherwise, the burning point of the honey and the temperature the oil needs to be in order to pop the corn will always spell disaster.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

You'd have to make popcorn balls by air-popping the corn and then using a mixture of butter and honey (and other stuff) to make the balls.

That could be really good.

Otherwise, the burning point of the honey and the temperature the oil needs to be in order to pop the corn will always spell disaster.
That's exactly what I found out!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try it - sounds good to me, but it might be a little messy/sticky. I would suspect it would be similar to the caramel popcorn. Let us know the results if you try it

(should have read the entire thread).

Suggestion. Pop the corn and while its hot drizzle a honey and butter mixture over it and see if its better.