Holy schnikies

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I were shroom hunting around 6:30 this evening and we found a bone!!!!!! It looks suspiciouly like a human ulna. I have it with me in a bag. There were no bones around it and it's really clean like it's been there awhile. Should I take it to the Police Department tommorrow?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, but they'll probably whack you upside the head for removing it from the scene!

Sheesh, I hope it doesn't turn out to be human...

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you find anything that looks suspiciously human, don't remove it from the scene as if it is, evidence can be compromised, ring the authorities immediately and they can do their job.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

If you find anything that looks suspiciously human, don't remove it from the scene as if it is, evidence can be compromised, ring the authorities immediately and they can do their job.
Well it's a little late for that.
I took it home with me and put it in a plastic bag.
I just don't want to look stupid taking an animal bone into the police department. That's why I'm not sure if I should.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you should -- better to look stupid than to possibly withhold critical evidence. Most likely it's nothing, but... if it is, it's very, very important.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Of course you should -- better to look stupid than to possibly withhold critical evidence. Most likely it's nothing, but... if it is, it's very, very important.
That's what DH said. If it turns out to be animal oh well. I don't remember exactly where I found it. The general area is fresh in my mind though.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, I can tell you that is definitely an upper leg (femur) bone or upper arm bone (can't remember what that one is called, humerous?
), see how it has the "ball" at the one end? that's to fit into the socket at a rotating joint- too small to be human I think- looks like you're safe Amy!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

OK here's some pics.
hmmmmm .......................................
*compares pictures*
that does look like one!
http://scienceblogs.com/afarensis/up...06/06/Ulna.JPG
hmmmmmm
if there are big cats near your area, it doesnt look old that bone it des look like its been stripped of flesh either rats or big cat?
i know dogs tend too leave flesh on bones........
just a stab in the dark though!
take it too the police just incase. just mention you thought nothing of it and you realised after it looked like the human ulna bone
this is wierd

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't look like an ulna to me. See at the top, there is a round bit - that looks more like a humerus to me. How long is it?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

It doesn't look like an ulna to me. See at the top, there is a round bit - that looks more like a humerus to me. How long is it?
i didnt compare too other bones it makes my incredibly tiny brain ache....
still so clean and pretty though...

but it doesnt quite bend like the humerus does
http://www.muscleoverload.com/images/humerus.jpg

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably from a cow. It's really thick, and about the right length (at least, the way I'm seeing the pic, with no context for size).

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im saying its human. Looks human bfore!!! Thats just insane that you wpould stumple apon it!!! I wouldd at east have it checked out just to be sure!! Good luvk chicha!