Omd something Scary just happened to my Sisters Bf!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was sitting in a Chair and had some kind of Seizure.
This is her Im. bad_kitty2001: omg
bad_kitty2001: was that seizure
bad_kitty2001: where are you
BUZZ!!!
bad_kitty2001: hello
bad_kitty2001: please come back
This has never happened before. She said his eyes rolled back and he twitched and is scraped now. She tried to call 911 but her
Cell went to the Chp for some reason. He woke up and was all confused. He is refusing to go to the Er. I said force him to go now.
I am waiting for her to call back.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to go to the ER NOW!! They need to be sure he didn't have a stroke or something!

Does he have a history of siezures?

for him!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard that if you suspect a stroke, you should take regular aspirin and call 911.

Sounds like it might be what is called a TIE, Transient Ischemic Episode. But he should see a doctor right away.

Unless, of course, he has a lot of life insurance and she is the beneficiary.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it could have been a number of things get badkitty too tell him it could be
epilepsy,diabetes i know even brain tumours and strokes cause seizures these are just a few of them!
please update us!
:vi bes:to him and your sister sh must be sooo panicked!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told her already. I think she might have been Crying. He is only 27 too. I also said it could be the Meds he is on. I know how she feels I had to call 911 for my Husband when he fainted. it turned out to be Leukemia.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to be checked before any of the residual effects may fade. It could have been a nonepileptic seizure, there are several things that can cause them - one being drug use (illegal and legal -like antidepressants) or withdrawals, another kind can be linked to fainting/autonomic problems.

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He should definitely see a doctor within a few days, or just have your sister call 911. Seizures are nothing to mess around with. Sending good vibes to you guys

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys get scared and go into denial.
He needs to be checked out, whether it was a seizure or a TIA. Early treatment can prevent problems. It can be a one time event, but just in case....
Post-seizure or stroke, the patient is not thinking as clearly as normal. He can refuse to go with the paramedics, but they will do a great job in convincing him to go. Remember that there is no charge if he isn't transported, so call them. Worst case, they will just check him over and leave.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He did not go to the Dr. He went Home and my Sister is still trying to get him to go. She was really scared. We had to go somewhere tonight. My Sister is going back to his place rigt now to make sure he isnt worse. I told call 911 no matter what if it happnes again. His Mom gave him a choice about going. Sometimes men are so stupid. The good thing is my Sister is getting a landline tomorrow so the call we go through. The 911 wont work from her Cell for some reason she tried. He is hurt to. His head was bleeding.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Guys get scared and go into denial.
Women do it too.... It took me nearly 5 years of regularly falling and other symptoms to actually get a diagnoses.
To be fair, I first tried in March of 2007 but my regular doctor was stumped. It took me mentioning chest tightness and pain to get an EKG - which I failed and scared the doc with. (it was funny because he was more upset than I was
)

mews2much - If your sister's boyfriend has another incident of this tell her she needs to hurry and get him down to the floor so he won't hurt himself. It might help if you forward her some information on what to do when a person has a seizure, just so she won't panic so much.
As for his head, he might have a bit of a concussion - which could account for his confusion (of course waking up on the floor when you weren't there a minute ago is confusing enough). Head wounds, even little scratches, tend to bleed quite a bit and look worse than they may really be.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did tell her what to do. I have friends with epilepsy. She said he made fists when it happened too and stuff came out of his mouth. Anothrt bad thing is he has no phone in his place. I told her she might need to stay at his place overnight. His Mom told my Sister he had a Siezer when he was 6 Months old but they never found out why. He yelled at my sister and still refuses to go.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

My Sister just told me he drank a Drink called Monster Khoas before it happened.
Hmm, found this for ingredients.

"Each can contains 70% real juice. Serving Size: 8 FL OZ; Servings per container: 2; Amount per serving: Calories 90; Total carb: 21g; Sugars 21g; Vitamin A: 6%; Vitamin C: 100%; Thiamine: 4%; Riboflavin: 100%; Niacin: 100%; Vitamin B6: 100%; Vitamin B12: 100%; Calcium: 3%; Sodium: 1%; Taurine: 1000mg; Panax Ginseng: 200mg; Energy Blend: 2500mg (Glucose, caffeine, guarana L-carnitine, glucuronolactone, inositol, maltodextrin"

The listed glucose, glucuronolactone, and maltodextrin (along with the carbs and sugar) makes me wonder if it could have been blood sugar related?

And in reference to the guarana - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guarana (It mentioned onset of seizures in some, best to double check that else where for more reliable information.)

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was just at his place and called me. He told her he was shaky for over 30 Minutes before it happened. I really wonder if it was that drink. He says he feels ok now. I would still go to teh Dr though because we do not know if it was teh Drink that caused it or not. I am searching for side effects from that kind of drink.