Anniversary Ideas?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta think of an Anniversary gift again for my hubby...

For Christmas I got him the present he's liked more than in years and years...3 seasons of "House, MD." He loved it! Anyone like House that can think of something similar I can get him?

Another thought is that he LOVES Voyager. And CSI...

Thanks, all!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anniversaries, Birthdays and Christmas are all very hard for me to pick out things for my husband! If I buy him Harley Parts for all the above he thinks I am the best wife in the world!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to get people presents for events... Everyone I know has stuff, and people are usually loathe to spend too much on themselves for a nice time out. Which makes event-type things good, because they're a true luxury that the person wouldn't buy for themselves!

People usually like it too, I got my parents tickets to an Elvis impersonators' show and they LOVED it. I think it was the most fun they'd had in a long time.

My bf's birthday is on Friday. I got us tickets to the Yes concert in July.

Two years ago we bought my mom a plane ticket to see her uncle in Tucson.

My favorite Valentine's Day present I've gotten is a really nice dinner at the vegan restaurant here, which was extra adorable because he's not vegetarian so it was something he was doing for me...

Anyway, presents like that are always the most memorable and the most fun to give. Plus with your husband you get to go too! Just make sure it's something he really wants but not necessarily something you would want to do with or without him, part of the present is that it's something you're doing both with and for them.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Voyager, as in Star Trek? Can I steal your hubby to watch House & Voyager marathons?

I've got it! Get him another kitty!

OK, for serious gifts....if he likes TV shows, why not get him a few seasons of a couple different shows? I know there is a TV show I like....there are 10 seasons....I own 7 of them now, & don't care of the other 3 seasons, so I'm not getting them. If there are like 2 seasons of one show he really likes, get those, then a few other individual movies or something.

Perhaps buy a movie, plus give him a gift certificate for a supper out at a fancy restaurant....and make it a date night?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Voyager, as in Star Trek? Can I steal your hubby to watch House & Voyager marathons?

I've got it! Get him another kitty!

OK, for serious gifts....if he likes TV shows, why not get him a few seasons of a couple different shows? I know there is a TV show I like....there are 10 seasons....I own 7 of them now, & don't care of the other 3 seasons, so I'm not getting them. If there are like 2 seasons of one show he really likes, get those, then a few other individual movies or something.

Perhaps buy a movie, plus give him a gift certificate for a supper out at a fancy restaurant....and make it a date night?
Yep, Star Trek Voyager...it's our favorite out of all the series. I remembered that we got several seasons of Voyager from Netflix, so we've seen those, although it would be nice to get them someday. I think I'll order CSI seasons 1 & 2.

He's made it clear that if there are more cats there won't be a HIM...LOL.

And we've also decided that we are going to go to a Nuggets playoff game on Saturday then out to dinner. they'd better win!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he have the Firefly series? It really is worth getting if your dh was into star trek, deep space nine, voyager, battlestar galactica etc

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Gotta think of an Anniversary gift again for my hubby...

For Christmas I got him the present he's liked more than in years and years...3 seasons of "House, MD." He loved it! Anyone like House that can think of something similar I can get him?

Another thought is that he LOVES Voyager. And CSI...

Thanks, all!
This really sounds corny but there is a time honored chart that tells you exactly what you should buy your spouse on their anniversary. For instance, diamonds on the 25th, and different substances for each year. I would look it up for you on the net but for some reason my computer is only allowing me to have one window open at a time.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like that, but there isn't really one for 17 years.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Ok this might be corny but would he like trinkets that have to do with his favorite shows? I am sure if you did a search on-line that you could come up with all sorts of stuff that would be fun. Just a thought.
Edit: ok, I found T-shirts and such that have to do with House, MD here: http://www.cafepress.com/buy/House+M...AC-googleh/c_0
OMG!!! I have to have the "It's never Lupus" T-shirt!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the "everybody lies" one & the "I was curious. Since I'm not a cat, it's not dangerous"!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can send you my star trek baseball cap with the Klingon theme........

Barnes and Noble is having a online DVD sale right now you might get some good prices!!