Why are all birds such piglets?

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOLz..........It seems like I go through a 20lb bag of wild bird seed a week. I feed both the mallard ducks and I place seed in one of those bird feeders. Either i'm considered the "gravy train" or I don't even know!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With more seed will come more birds
Maybe they aren't piglets, but they are telling all their friends about your wonderful feeders!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

With more seed will come more birds
Maybe they aren't piglets, but they are telling all their friends about your wonderful feeders!
Hmmmmmm, that is probably the case!

Both Myla and I just adore our feathered friends!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just think how much energy it takes to fly and to keep warm and also this is the time of year when they are also feeding their young, so them may not be eating only for themselves. I usually hang a block of suet in my front yard for the birdies, but the little cat has been tearing up the blinds to get at the birds, so I have had to stop.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birds use a great deal of energy, especially when they are flying. They need to eat a lot in order to keep up that energy . They spend a great deal of their time looking for food.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put out my feeder awhile ago & its taken a bit for the birds to find it - but now they are here in full force & they are little pigs! We have a little family of birds (not sure what they are!) that come the same time every morning

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it took the birds awhile to find our feeder when we first put it out, but they must have put up little birdie billboards pointing all their friends to the great new restaurant...
We've got all the business we can handle! In the winter, they were going through a five-pound bag of seed in a day.