*****KatKwiz! - April 20 - Interest?*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery: The Kats picked the easy one from the five and Marianjela was the first to use moderator. Although mods was used first, the Kats decided that abbreviations should not be counted. The other four words were mad, angry, revenge and report. Congratulations, Marianjela!

As most of you know by now, there was a major change in the paying of interest points in that the interest rate was cut by the TCS Fed.

The other major change in the paying of interest points was _______(one or more words_________.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know of any other major changes then those ones, I looked, but didn't find anything other than that!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Katkwiz payment went from 3500 points to 2000 points.That's the only thing I came up with.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember reading somewhere that you had to be online for the interest to be paid, but I could be wrong.. LOL

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

As most of you know by now, there was a major change in the paying of interest points in that the interest rate was cut by the TCS Fed.

The other major change in the paying of interest points was _______(one or more words_________.

You no longer have to do math every day to figure out how many points to give out

PS - thanks for another KatKwery win! Bring on the SuperBowl!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

How often it was paid out. It use to be it would get paid every 48 hours, and now its 24.
That is 100% correct! I thought I would post at a different time but you had the answer three minutes after I posted!
Congratulations to glitch!
The answer to this question was in the Anne's announcement of .3% daily which was featured on KatKwiz just a couple days ago but the tricky part was knowing that interest was paid every 48 hours before and 24 hours now. And that brings up a subject much, much talked about on KatKwiz in the past.

And again today!

KatKwery: (700 points)
Do you know the exact minute you will receive your next interest payment? Do you know where your own personal 24 hour clock is located? Do you know how to restart it and get it counting down to zero again? Do you know what to do when it hits zero to keep from losing points? Did you used to think that everybody got paid at the same time every day? Is this whole thing about personal clocks confusing to you?

Note: All of the above questions have been subjects of KatKwiz in the past and I imagine will show up in the future, too!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I got half way through answering and decided I dont really need to make a fool of myself (sigh) I knew the first part though! Oh what the heck, why not.

Do you know the exact minute you will receive your next interest payment?
Yes, this is found in the bank.
Do you know where your own personal 24 hour clock is located?
Well there is the one in the bank but Im guessing thats not the right answer because its the same answer as the above question. There is the little clock at the bottom of the page..?
Do you know how to restart it and get it counting down to zero again?
Umm...no..
Do you know what to do when it hits zero to keep from losing points?
Make sure all points are deposited and make sure youre being active around the board.
Did you used to think that everybody got paid at the same time every day?
No
Is this whole thing about personal clocks confusing to you?
Yes!!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know the exact minute you will receive your next interest payment? Do you know where your own personal 24 hour clock is located? Do you know how to restart it and get it counting down to zero again? Do you know what to do when it hits zero to keep from losing points? Did you used to think that everybody got paid at the same time every day? Is this whole thing about personal clocks confusing to you?

I've never payed attention to that stuff.
I just kinda let my interest do it's own thing.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

KatKwery: (700 points)
I always know the exact minute that points are paid and I make sure that I am on The Cat Site at that exact time, which starts my 24 hour clock timing down again until the next time interest points are paid. This means I do know exactly where my personal clock is. I do this because I realize that if I am not doing something at that exact time, my personal clock will not start again until I am doing something again. This means I am in effect losing points. I also realize that just being signed on at the time the clock runs down will not start the clock again. Yes, I used to think everybody got paid at the same time. But now I know each member has their own clock and everybody gets paid at different times. Yes, it used to be confusing to me and that is why there has been several KatKwiz questions on this subject.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now mine says 2 hours 10 minutes and 30 seconds until my next payment of 24 points. I just now noticed the more points you have in the bank, the more your interest payment is. DUH

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I love this Kwiz and Kwery! Especially the Kwery because I love the chance to talk about these things. I never knew about a clock and I did know about the interest, but yes, I thought members got paid at the same time. I'm going to have to find my personal clock now and figure out my own minutes and my exact pay date/time! I did figure out that I needed to move/deposit my points into the bank in order to earn more interest or better phrased to maximize my payout! I try to keep my points to a minimum (leaving just enough in there to buy one gift) and my bank at it's max, and if I happen to need points, it's not that inconvenient to just make a withdrawal. I am amazed really at how fast the points accumulate.

I guess I'm going to have to read more on this subject, seeing as though I didnt know I had a personal clock and I most certainly didnt know it ran down to zero, nor what happens if it does hit zero! AND how many times has mine hit zero without me knowing?

I hope you have a good program that pays these points automatically, I would hate to be the one online paying these out at different times each day! This site amazes me more every day!

It's so much fun!

Going to look for my clock now

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah ha! Sweet! It's in the bank... I guess I seen the interest date time before, but assumed that was everyone's payday. Although I never did notice the clock at that bottom. Blame it on peripheral blindness/narrowmindedness... er I mean narrowsightedness... yeah, right, that's it

Next Bank Interest: 21st April 2008, 01:11 AM

Next Bank Interest: 0 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes, 44 seconds until next payment of 20 Points

Now to read up on how to reset it - why to reset it - and what happens if it runs out - or how it runs out... Hmmm.

I'll be back

PS - if it was confusing to me... it wont be by the end of this day!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to be online when the interest is earned... but I never knew that the bank would start up if you were not online! That is what I like about KatKwiz and KatKwery... I learn things that I never even thought about!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I get it now. You dont actually hit a button or anything to reset my clock - LOL

I think I figured it out: Once your interest points are paid, the 24 hour countdown doesnt begin again until you are active in the forums/boards. For example, my interest is paid tonight at 1:11. If I am not signed-on TheCatSite until tomorrow afternoon and active, I have lost 12 hours of interest - hence the losing points part...

Here I thought points were actually subtracted from my bank - lol

Sweet. I think I actually get it now
Thanks for the tip!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I think I figured it out: Once your interest points are paid, the 24 hour countdown doesnt begin again until you are active in the forums/boards. For example, my interest is paid tonight at 1:11. If I am not signed-on TheCatSite until tomorrow afternoon and active, I have lost 12 hours of interest - hence the losing points part...
Yes, that is it precisely!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, that is it precisely!
Learn something new everyday! Where's my cookie?

Thanks for today's Kwery!
I imagine I've lost lots of hours over the past months. No worries - better late than never!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I imagine I've lost lots of hours over the past months.
Well, you know where you can go to replenish those lost points. Need I mention where?

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what time I get my points at! I know exactly when to be on to get them! In order to get them though at that moment you have to be doing something, like clicking a button! I normally go into the bank, then wait till its the right time and hit enter the bank, which restarts my clock! I knew that everyone got their points at different times but I still find it confusing! I also know that if you miss being on at that time you dont get the points because you are not currently active on the site! So if you're gone for 48 hours, you will only get half as much in interest then you could have if you'd of been on both days! Point and interest are confusing and challenging for each and everyone of us I think! The bank make it easier to understand by saying how many hours and minutes it will be till your next interest payout! Gotta love the shop menu... being able to check on everything makes it more understandable!