Stress does strange things to them

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Normally my cats are rather indifferent to my DH and me. They on occasion will sit on our laps, come snuggle, but always find something to keep themselves occupied.

The last two weekends, DH has been out of town and suddenly I cannot sit down without having at least two come for cuddles. Lucy is demanding that I pick her up and carry her. I was on the phone with DH this afternoon with Carly was in my face rubbing the phone and my chin. And at night, I go to sleep alone in a nice roomy king size bed and soon wake up under a kitty pile (usually with Lucy hissing at Carly). I guess they're feeling abandoned by my DH and are trying to make sure I feel loved enough not to leave them also.

BTW - they were like this last weekend too when he was gone. When he came back, they were back to doing their own thing.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I guess they're feeling abandoned by my DH and are trying to make sure I feel loved enough not to leave them also.
I think they do not want you to feel lonely.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww that's sweet. Makes you realise that they do in fact notice their humans even when it's not dinnertime!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, they're just making sure their meowmy isn't lonely.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww sweet kitties.

My mom's cat is just, well wierd. She's always been wierd.

Three and a half years ago my dad passed away from cancer. And the cat just got REALLY wierd. She won't leave my mom's side. She refuses to go outside at all. She will sleep on the bed with her every night. And she does NOT like any other people but mom. You try to pet her, she runs away and hisses.

My mom kept wondering why she was acting so strange. I told her that I think she was affected by dad's death. Poor thing.