Gas has reached $4/gallon

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crazy... It's reached $4/gallon for regular unleaded here. When we first moved here 2 years ago, it was about $2.20/gallon - it's almost doubled in 2 years!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The highest I saw it here was $3.36. The cheapest was $3.29. I'm definitely getting gas today when we go out later. I don't want to wait a couple days, because it will prob be $.10 more.

stormchickx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Diesel here is over $4 and regular is $3.55. They're already saying this summer they will be no less than $4. Ridiculous.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 4.29 were I used to live.
It is 3.85 here at the Chevron we go too.
Our highest is 3.94.
We will make sure we fill up before we go to the Bay Area.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here in Los Angeles, there is a gas station by my job that was $4.15 a gallon 2 weeks ago, for regular. The station by my house is now just $4.00 a gallon. It's insane.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It just went down .10 cents yeterday, its $3.34 here and diesel is over $4.00/gallon. It went up about .30 cents in 3 days, so hopefully it doesn't go up much more

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I saw that title, before I even read this post I figured you lived in California...I lived out there for awhile & everything was so expensive. And so many people commute to higher paying jobs.
What's ironic is that there are so many refineries there, at least where we lived.
It's a beautiful state, but I'm still glad I managed to get out of there.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gas is 3.82 per gallon here for V-Power which is the gas that is best for our vette! I go to work to pay for all the gas in our vehicles now. Thats where my paycheck goes! Plus I have to travel 80 miles round trip to go to work. I am so sick of this!!!!!!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's $3.46 here. I put gas in at the first of the week and it was $3.36, up .10 in 4 days! This is getting ridiculous!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depending on where I fill up its either $3.45 or $3.50. I increased my rates based on gas being $3.50/hr now I'm going to have to figure out what to do as the IRS mileage reimbursement will not be enough this year unless its going to be increased. I put $125 of gas in the truck in a week and Neil put $100 in the car!! I figure I am going to have to work longer hours so I'm not doing so much driving!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could show you a field near here that is filled with unsold (imported) SUV's. A couple thousand cars, and they're renting more space by the day. So the good news is that it looks like people are beginning to make some better decisions about their purchases, etc.

When I got home last night, I filled my truck with 182 gallons of diesel at $4.07 per gallon, for a total of $740.74. Care to guess who's going to end up paying for that?