TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › letting go?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

letting go?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
i have just posted into the Rainbow bridge forum,
a while ago my mum and i where moving and we asked my dad too look after my beautifull baby girl jess (border collie)
hes fiance didnt like her, s he got rid of her not telling us!
well before we had her she had 3 other homes so it was only fair we just let her go.
i know its best for her, but she was the only thing i had too talk too going through so much (divorce and sexual abuse).......
i am a mess i need too just let go but its too hard i just want too curl up and die!
nothing can replace her and all i can do is cry its been 3 years since she was gone ehy cant i accept it?
i cant type no more im heartbroken saying goodbye
post #2 of 16
Great love brings great pain. Allow yourself to grieve and to feel the pain. I'm sending you a big virtual hug. It will get easier.
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
i just wish it would i cant cry about it my partner doesnt understand.....
he just says well you have your new dog!
ITS NOT the same!
it would be easier if she had have passed away i could handle that but i never got a goodbye or any preperation....
i just want my baby back!:cry:
post #4 of 16
Awww, I'm so sorry. That would be so hard
post #5 of 16
when my ex and i split up he insisted on keeping the 18 month old staffy that we had got together. that absolutely broke my heart but i didn't really have any choice. i found out 2 months later that he had got rid of her too.

it is 9 years on and i still wonder what became of millie moon. we got her as a tiny 11 week old pup and she really was a sweetheart. i have never really forgiven myself for not demanding that i take her when i left.

i feel for you, but for your sake you must try and believe that your jess ended up in a loving, forever home. that is what i think happened to millie, god willing.

for you.
post #6 of 16
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how they could do that. I wonder if you've ever really told them how you feel about it, how hurt and angry you are.

If not, I think you should do so -- just tell them both, clear and direct. Because sometimes these strong negative feelings just will not let go until you speak them aloud.

It doesn't have to be an angry attack. You can just explain that, for your own peace of mind, you need to tell them how strongly you feel that it was wrong of them to get rid of your dog, and it hurt you deeply, and you've been suffering a long time because of it.

If you can then officially forgive them... that's when you'll start to feel better, I think.
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
its just heartbreaking thankyou for all your support...
i have told dad how i feel he just laghed and says well you have your cats and dogs forget about jess!
what a moron!
i dont know whats come of her and it bothers me greatly dad doesnt speak too the owners of her now...
post #8 of 16
i'm sorry he reacted like that. it's so hard when other people don't 'get' how we are about our animals. could someone else talk to him for you? it sounds like you are having a hard time holding it together right now, and maybe need some extra support.
post #9 of 16
Some people are incapable of grasping the depth of the bond you can feel with a pet. I'm so sorry, hon.
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
i wish there was, but he only ever thinks of himself and his fiance..
i just wish i could say goodbye and its hurting more and more each day!
post #11 of 16
I am so sorry...but I deffinately know what youre going through..I had a golden retriever that I named Jake...My moms DH(the one she married after my dad died) took him to the pound while I was in school one day...I had no Idea and I was devastated...yes I have other dogs now too but they arent Jake...I miss that dog so much He was awesome....and my best friend...I still cry for him too and that was about 8 years ago now...so if ya need to talk pm me!
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixietina View Post
i wish there was, but he only ever thinks of himself and his fiance..
i just wish i could say goodbye and its hurting more and more each day!
aww hunni, i never knew any of this...

...oh my goodness! he sound's like he doesn't care, or never has done either!

post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Some people are incapable of grasping the depth of the bond you can feel with a pet. I'm so sorry, hon.
that's sooo true!
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
i wish i could PM as im a minor (17) im not allowed
which sucks as i understand theyre protecting me but i feel im missing out on a lot!
i have tried speaking to the SO and i will be naming a B&W mouse jess, but its not the same but maybe i can relate too her some how?
im just graping at anything for a memory of my girl what if i forget her oneday?
god i need my dog!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I am so sorry...but I deffinately know what youre going through..I had a golden retriever that I named Jake...My moms DH(the one she married after my dad died) took him to the pound while I was in school one day...I had no Idea and I was devastated...yes I have other dogs now too but they arent Jake...I miss that dog so much He was awesome....and my best friend...I still cry for him too and that was about 8 years ago now...so if ya need to talk pm me!
post #15 of 16
I have never forgotten Jake and I never will...just as you never will Jake is imprinted in my heart just like Jess is imprinted in your heart...Jake was my baby...He would have been 9 today
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
I have never forgotten Jake and I never will...just as you never will Jake is imprinted in my heart just like Jess is imprinted in your heart...Jake was my baby...He would have been 9 today
awwwww HUGS and YOUR WAY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › letting go?