Saturday!! What are your plans?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Beautiful morning here.

Up a little earlier then I intended considering it is my first weekend off in months, however the kitties don't understand it's Mom's day off only
Mom's still in bed lets walk all over her..
This isn't so bad for little 4lb Linus, however Porkie 17lb Pixie is a different story
Good thing I like them better then sleep.

Heading off to my brother's later this afternoon, we are having a family get together/ reunion this evening. We are having a nice pot luck dinner and anyone related is more then Welcome to show up and say Hi..
It should be interesting because there are quite a lot of people visiting for the weekend to attend the Christening I am going to tomorrow..

This morning I am finishing off a couple of salad I prepared and slicing a roast beef I did for cold cuts.

The kitties just finished breakfast and have dispersed to their various morning pursuits. Linus of coarse is birdwatching, Sassy is napping and Pixie is chatting with her stuffed frog, they seem to be having a very philosophical discussion..

Everyone have a good one

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shouldn't have read this thread while I was hungry. A nice fresh salad sounds wonderful right now. Can you email one to me?

My weekend consists of driving 10 miles to buy a desk, office chair and roller pad.

exciting eh?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, I'm going shopping with my MIL, which should prove to be an experience. At least I actually have money to "shop" and not just pick up the essentials. DH just got paid for a home improvement job he is doing so I have $500 that is all mine!!!

I need to pick up 2 comforter sets and some sheets (Sears is having a sale!), and I want to get some flowers for my planters. I finally cleaned out all the weeds and dead leaves from last year, and I'm in a springy mood, so I'm looking forward to it!

Of course, it could be an all day affair...my MIL could spend HOURS at the mall!

Hope everyone enjoys their saturday!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 2 papers to write and I really need to pack! The movers are coming Thursday and I think I am only about 1/2 way packed (if that) and I really don't want to pay them to help me pack. It's already way to expensive!! Anyone want to come and help me pack? I'll write the papers while someone packs my stuff!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hate to sound stupid, but what does "DH" stand for?
Originally Posted by calico2222

Today, I'm going shopping with my MIL, which should prove to be an experience. At least I actually have money to "shop" and not just pick up the essentials. DH just got paid for a home improvement job he is doing so I have $500 that is all mine!!!

I need to pick up 2 comforter sets and some sheets (Sears is having a sale!), and I want to get some flowers for my planters. I finally cleaned out all the weeds and dead leaves from last year, and I'm in a springy mood, so I'm looking forward to it!

Of course, it could be an all day affair...my MIL could spend HOURS at the mall!

Hope everyone enjoys their saturday!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to go with my dad to the car dealership to see if we can get rid of one car. We don't need 3 anymore.

Then I need to clean the house, make some soup (we will see how that goes since I have never made it), and then do some yard work.

Nothing too exciting, but it needs to get done.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Hate to sound stupid, but what does "DH" stand for?
DH means "dear husband". You'll see things like that here alot, it's just easier to type!
DW is dear wife, MIL is mother in law, etc. Don't worry, you don't sound stupid at all. When I first starting seeing it on another forum, I kept wondering why all these people all the same initials!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Good morning!

It's 11am and already I almost finished my laundry, cleaned the pile of dishes that was on the counter, cleaned the kitchen, made the bed, sorted through most of the junk that was lying around the apartment, cleaned the floor and cleaned the litter boxes.
Oh, but before I did all that, I made myself a new mp3 cd to listen to while I did all this.

Phew! I think I'm just about ready to go to bed!!

The plan now is to finish the laundry, have lunch and then go lie on the grass in the park with a good book. It's supposed to go up to 21C today (that's 70C)
Later on, I'll prepare my bike for the summer.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been up since about 4 am! I've done the dishes, cleaned the house, gathered up the trash (usually do that on Sunday!) and I went outside this morning and pruned all the raspberry bushes! I applied the fertilizer and started weeding the iris garden, but my back is starting to ache, so I figured I did enough (too much) already and came back inside. Oh....had Cleo out on her leash while I was pruning...she was just lovin' it!!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is currently 22C and its supposed to get to 25C today.
It is just about noon and I just have to finish getting ready and throw some stuff into a suitcase and then I am off to Niagara Falls for the night. Tomorrow I am going to visit my mom.

See you all on Monday.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning guys!

I just woke up at 10:30!
I figured I would sleep in so that I would be well rested for tonight!

I have already showed and here in a bit I need to get started cleaning the house up and then I have to run to walmart and to the costume shop.

We are having a party tonight so I gotta get ready for that!

The cats are all passed out for their morning naps! Lazy bums!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked from seven-thirty this morning until five this after at a souvenir booth at the THUNDERBIRDS AIR SHOW that's here this weekend. Glad I didn't volunteer for both days.
. Have very sore legs and feet right now plus a huge headache from the noise! Other then that, it was fun.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've had such a rubbish day...

...am not going to say anymore on the matter!

hehe, this place alway's cheer's me up though, with all the beautiful kitty's to look at!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had work today. It wasn't so super. While we were at the shelter - we also had an adoption day running at our local petsmart and a rabies vaccine drive going on across town. Well, one of the vets who was supposed to show up didn't and we were short about 100 rabies vaccines and 100 syringes....so on top of everything being totally crazy at the shelter, i had to race over and drop off more vaccines/needles and that takes those items away from our shelter animals
We've got 3 open dog kennels and had several surrenders and a dog attack today. In addition to that kitten season is in full blast. All in all, not so super of a work day. I'm hoping for a better week next week.

My ex got married today as well so it was weird just thinking about that today.

After work was a little better though- i just vegged out for a while and watched some tv/fixed up dinner and mellowed out a bit.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got up at 5:45. Sterling was convinced he'd starve to death if I didn't get up and feed him his gooshy food treat, and he was willing to get under the covers and put his cold nose on my leg to prove it.

Sorted a bunch of photos this morning. Came across pictures of our bridge kitties; I'll post them later.

Filled up the hot rod with gas, and washed some of the worst of the oil and grease underneath it. Got home and polished the brass and aluminum on it. Then, this afternoon, we went and picked up some friends and went to the new Kincaid's in Arlington for a dinner hot rod meeting. Kincaid's is reputedly the best hamburger place in Texas, by the way. Then we had some ice cream and came home.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Up a little earlier then I intended considering it is my first weekend off in months, however the kitties don't understand it's Mom's day off only
Mom's still in bed lets walk all over her..
This isn't so bad for little 4lb Linus, however Porkie 17lb Pixie is a different story
Good thing I like them better then sleep.
There you said it, true words...cat people like cats more than sleep.
vs
=