*****KatKwiz! - April 19 - 100,000 free points!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Click on KatKwery rules in siggy below for details on 100,000 points.

KatKwery results: The word of the day, condo, was first used by laureen227. Congratulations, Laureen!
The other words the kats had to choose from were declawed, tear, shred, and cardboard.

If you think one or more of your posts is/are being harrassed,
the first thing you should do is _____(one or more words)_____.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
click on the triangular symbol with the exclamation point in it, which will bring it to the attention of the moderators.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the first thing you should do is report it too the mod's by pressing on the little red and white triangular button in the top right hand corner of the offending post....

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

the first thing you should do is _____(one or more words)_____.
I just cry
and say nobody likes me!!

Sorry....I couldn't resist!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

click on the triangular symbol with the exclamation point in it, which will bring it to the attention of the moderators.
You got it, Mike!
Congratulations!
2,000 points are headed your way!

Answer: Find this link: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115662

KatKwery: (700 points)
Have you ever felt that one of your posts was harrassed? Have you ever replied in kind? Have you ever reported something? Have you ever posted something that could have been reported? Have you ever wanted to?

Five secret words have been selected, all of which could be used in answering these questions. The final secret word will be selected from these five by the KatKwiz Kats and the first person to use it will receive 700 points and a chance to win 100,000 points (see link below for details.)

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't felt that my posts were ever harassed. I've had a few removed though. Sometimes I will inadvertently post something against the rules. It doesn't bother me when it's removed.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never reported anyone as of yet. I have never felt harrassed but I have gotten mail from the mods that my post was inappropriate through ignorance on my part. But not for harrassment.. LOL Most recently about a post for a certain pizza establishment that I named and they edited it to say pizza place.

I haven't seen any harrassing posts but have seen some that were a bit strong in the kittens/pregnant cat forum. Some of the newbies were scared off. But on the whole, it is a pretty tame site.

I have been on other sites (not cat ones) that get their kicks out of flaming people who shows their ignorance about a certain topic. I am glad that this site does not put up with such flaming.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

KatKwery: (700 points)
Have you ever felt that one of your posts was harrassed? Have you ever replied in kind? Have you ever reported something? Have you ever posted something that could have been reported? Have you ever wanted to?

I haven't ever had one of my posts harrased, but i have reported one sick person who thought he would TCS too cause trouble, the mods removed the thread right away and user was banned!

the mods are fast at removing any spam and protect us all from any unpleasant goings on keeping the forums a family friendly site

i have noticed some people phrase things negatively and i have in those posts just kindly announced they could phrase things in a nicer manner!
i have probably posted on other forums things that should be removed... but on many forums people spam the boards and treat it like a kids playground!

I have come close once or twice posting a nice thread just mentioning that being passionate about the love of cats is one thing, but people deserve a chance too explain there situation before we go and spread negativity!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never even noticed the "report abuse" triangle, so it was nice to learn it's there. Therefore I have never reported abuse; however, I have seen threads where I think members get out of hand.

I have never had any of my threads or personal posts harassed, nor have I done it. Also I've never been notified by a moderator of inappropriateness. Of course it's still early
I try to be as polite and helpful as possible, remembering that everyone has their own story and we're all here by a common thread.

I may not agree with with someone, everyone has their own opinions, would be a boring world if we didnt, but it doesnt help to flame anyone. It's helpful to remember there is a computer screen standing in front of all of us and all we have to do is turn it off if we want!

Being a foster meowmy to pregnant and nursing strays from our local no-kill shelter, I like to frequent the pregnant cat forum. A lot of the threads on there tend to get not-so-positive feedback. But what good does it do to scare the newbies away? They came for help, they didnt have to tell their story, they could even easily lie about their situation... judge not lest ye be judge yourself.... I try to be a helpful as I can. If I cant... I dont post. Hold my tongue. I guess that was how I was brought up. On that note... I think some people come here to bait someone into a confrontation. Never will figure out how people get their kicks out of that! I guess this is where the hold your tongue (or fingers in our case) works well... if we dont feed into their trap... we dont get snagged!

There have been a couple times I've typed something out... read what I wrote... then erased it. LOL It's sometimes hard to get the right feeling out without the use of expressions. No matter how many smileys we use!

And I'm sure a lot of posts are meant to be helpful, but are just taken in the wrong text. Easy to do in this kind of forum. And I suppose it depends on the reader's and writer's mood that day!

All that said... I'm no angel
I just portray one online! Hehehe just ask any one of my kids!

No really - dont

Jeesh long post - bet I still didnt use the right word

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know about the report abuse triangle either!
I learn something everytime I check into this quiz!!!

I have never reported about harrassment or abuse on the forums! I'm not sure that I would, I know people have their opinions and I think almost everyone is really good about being kind to one another. I have gotten a couple emails about my langage though
And I'm sure I have probably said something that hurt someone's feeling, but I don't think I've ever harrassed someone on the forums. Heck yes I've wanted to write things I couldn't!
I can be quite opinionated about things and have had to stop checking in on certain threads!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

... and have had to stop checking in on certain threads!
Hehehe - that's what i had to do. Hold myself back from looking at some. Dont know why I let some things get to me sometimes... silly huh?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Hehehe - that's what i had to do. Hold myself back from looking at some. Dont know why I let some things get to me sometimes... silly huh?
ahh i dunno its not silly but sometimes i just cant help too peek back and see if anyone has bothered too mouth back

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Reflecting on these questions I would have to say no to each one of them. BUT, I steer clear of the IMO forum. I have a feeling that if I participated in the IMO forum, I would have to answer yes to each of the questions. I can only imagine that the moderators for the IMO must have a tougher job than with the other forums.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Reflecting on these questions I would have to say no to each one of them. BUT, I steer clear of the IMO forum. I have a feeling that if I participated in the IMO forum, I would have to answer yes to each of the questions. I can only imagine that the moderators for the IMO must have a tougher job than with the other forums.
I thought about that! I can only imagine the job of the In My Opinion forum moderators! Tough job but someone's gotta do it.

If I ever thought the Pregnant Cat forum was touchy... Ouch.

But I guess that is why that one is there - A place where one can blow off steam! It does say to retract your claws first, but there should still be an "Enter At Your Own Risk" sign!

What's that they say about never talking about sex, politics or religion??? To each their own.

I still venture in the IMO every so often, but participate even less...
Tough, I still try to be diplomatic... Maybe I get my peace-keeping skills from having 5 kids...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started out on this board in the Pregnant Cats and Kittens Forum, and lurked a bit before I posted. So I knew that it could be a tough room to work, LOL. I tried to always let people know beforehand that I had a pregnant STRAY, and that I planned on spaying her asap. Even then I got harrassed a bit.

I think I reported one thing once, but I didn't click on the triangle. I sent an email to a moderator saying, "you might want to take a look at such and such." I truly don't remember what it was about, but probably someone getting too harsh with a newbie. We don't want to scare people away - especially in a forum like Pregnant Cats and Kittens. They usually are in need of pretty urgent help there.

I don't usually get into it with other people. Must be the mother/peacemaker in me like marianjela!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have felt that some of my posts have been flamed a little bit, on one thread I put up I told the story of my cats and I got cut down to shreds from one person to the point that I cried and others interviened... Ive never turned anyone in for flaming, and Im most certain that some of my replies that Ive put up may not have been appropriate, since they were removed! (Im sorry mods, Ill try to do better!) Ive thought about posting mean things sometimes, but normally my head tells me that I shouldn't! Sometimes ignorance is bliss, and not knowing what is really going on can make people say and do stupid things, and Ill start the stupid person club as first on the list! I think some things are bound to be harrassed a little, declawing is a good way to make people angry on here, and sometimes it ends very badly! Peoples opinions just colide sometimes to make communication lines cross!

I think the only thing I have really ever PM'd the mods for is when I notice on the health and nutrition forum that someones cat has passed and asked if they could move it! Just because there is ALOT of threads to read and it has to be hard to be a moderator!!

Oh and the pregnant kittys forum can be a bad place to be if spay/abort is brought up! We all have such different opinions and most of us aren't afraid to speak our minds!