TCS Meetup in DALLAS on May 31! Can you come?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's official: on Saturday, May 31,
Dallas is the place for TCSers to BE!

Lee, aka Persi & Alley, his DW Sheri, and the KatKwiz Kats have graciously agreed to host the event at their new home, which is conveniently located just off of I-35 not far from 635/LBJ Freeway. And Sheri is even preparing a traditional Persian feast for us!

Already planning to be there:

Laureen, aka Laureen227

Mike, aka mrblanche

Pam, aka Sandtigress

Sabrina, aka Duchess 15

Amy, aka MomofMany

Esther, aka Worriedmommy

Tiffany, aka KittKatt

Monique, aka carwashcats

Arie, aka arie85

...and yours truly. So how'bout you? We'd love to have any and all TCS members and their significant others -- just post here to let us know you're coming, so we can prepare for the right number of people.

Lee will have a TV set up to let us show video and photos of our cats, so be sure to bring those on DVD, or bring your camera and cord so you can play them directly through the TV.

This'll be so much fun! Join us if you can!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow!! That sounds like sooo much fun!!! You will have to write a report!

And I love Persian food. There is a terrific place here called Pars! I just love the way they prepare lamb!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sounds like you will have quite a group there, Carol!! Can't wait for pics!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to be the party pooper, but I am a very picky eater and always have been. Will there be anything other than ground lamb? Maybe ground beef?
I just don't want to offend our gracious host in anyway.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome! Bring a webcam so we can all be included, laptops, etc.
How fun!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow it sounds like you're gunna have a blast! Pleeeease don't forget to post us your pics for us little europeans stuck on the other side of the pond!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I hate to be the party pooper, but I am a very picky eater and always have been. Will there be anything other than ground lamb? Maybe ground beef?
I just don't want to offend our gracious host in anyway.
Actually, Persians think Americans eat nothing but hot dogs! I assure you there will be a large selection of non lamb products, just as are eaten by Persians.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Actually, Persians think Americans eat nothing but hot dogs! I assure you there will be a large selection of non lamb products, just as are eaten by Persians.
It's NOT that I eat American food, because I don't eat much of it. It's just that I don't eat certain meat (i.e. lamb and seafood). I am accustomed to eating German and European.
I love learning about other cultures and just seeing how each culture can come up with such a unique dish using the same ingredients everyone else has access to.

That's great that you can even adjust to even a picky eater!
I do apologize in advance and sometimes I wish I weren't so picky.

P.S. I'm pretty sure I can come, but I'll be able to confirm once the schedule is made for May. I will need address info so I can Mapquest it from my house.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

This'll be so much fun! Join us if you can!
...At least can I Join in spirit my friend?...

this is a real lovely dream my friends.....
....ENJOY IT!...
Be happy and bring us lots and lots of pic´s to us that can´t go...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For a sucessfull meeting!...

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Wow it sounds like you're gunna have a blast! Pleeeease don't forget to post us your pics for us little europeans stuck on the other side of the pond!

It sounds like so much fun, I wish I could come.
Have a great time everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I wish I could make this a magical thread so everybody who posts in it somehow ends up coming to the party! Wouldn't that be nice?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh, I wish I could make this a magical thread so everybody who posts in it somehow ends up coming to the party! Wouldn't that be nice?
I'll be in the U.K. probably around July 25th for a few days. Maybe we'll just throw a party where ever I travel? We'll just move the party around the world!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize for not RSVPing sooner.
I haven't logged on to TCS since sometime last week..
Thank the Lord I came across the thread!

Assuming we'll be able to borrow our neighbor's truck for the trip, we'll be there!
When my s/o gets home from work tonight, I'll let him know when the magical day is, so he can put in a request to get off from work.

Could the gracious hosts please PM me directions to where the festivities will be held?

I can't wait!!

Tiff

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I apologize for not RSVPing sooner.
I haven't logged on to TCS since sometime last week..
Thank the Lord I came across the thread!

Assuming we'll be able to borrow our neighbor's truck for the trip, we'll be there!
When my s/o gets home from work tonight, I'll let him know when the magical day is, so he can put in a request to get off from work.

Could the gracious hosts please PM me directions to where the festivities will be held?

I can't wait!!

Tiff
Welcome, Tiff! Glad to have you! Right now the house that I will be living in is located on streets that do not yet exist on GPS or MapQuest or anything else. So for right now I am telling people to locate Sigma and Alpha in Farmers Branch. You will see a large blank area to the left and then Brookhaven College, where my wife teaches. We will be living in that blank area and I will be sending out detailed instructions from that point to all!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Welcome, Tiff! Glad to have you! Right now the house that I will be living in is located on streets that do not yet exist on GPS or MapQuest or anything else. So for right now I am telling people to locate Sigma and Alpha in Farmers Branch. You will see a large blank area to the left and then Brookhaven College, where my wife teaches. We will be living in that blank area and I will be sending out detailed instructions from that point to all!
Okay - thanks!
I'll be waiting!

Tiff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great party this will be! Bumping this thread up in hopes of catching some more people who can make it...